• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SuperBowl XL

Originally posted by scrivener
    Is she single?
    Uh huh! Wanna be my son-in-law?

(Oh gawd...I hope she doesn't see this!)

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      Oops...I'd better mind my manners on HT for fear of indirectly biting a hand that might be feeding me!
      I doubt he reads this, and I'll never tell.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

From where will everybody be watching the Superbowl? I usually just watch it from my house so I can switch channels when the game is on--I only care about the commercials. However, it might be kinda fun to watch it on a big screen somewhere....a nice change, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
          One of the guests at the party I've been going to for 15 years ( ) is VP of a local agency. We get play-by-play of the ads. Great fun.
          I hear there is gonna be another godaddy.com add!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
            From where will everybody be watching the Superbowl? I usually just watch it from my house so I can switch channels when the game is on--I only care about the commercials. However, it might be kinda fun to watch it on a big screen somewhere....a nice change, I guess.
            We've got an HDTV, but I won't be watching it here. I'll be attending a party. I hope my host has one.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

yoooommm!
              taaanx fo da recipe!

Comment

Pirates 27 Mariners 17

I'll be going to my cousin's to watch it on his brand new 50 inch plasma. <insert jealous emoticon here>

Comment

Ka-ching! Won my bets!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    Ka-ching! Won my bets!
                    Congrats! Love ya Avatar!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                      I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd be viewing the game at a commercial production company's sound stage and that they were bringing in a large screen tv. WRONG! The guys rigged an overhead projector from the tv and projected the game against a white cyc wall. Was like viewing it in a theater...complete with lounge like atmosphere, a bar and a buffet table. The parking lot bbq area had it's own monitor with the game! There was even a monitor set up for a Play Station football game thingie! These guys are serious! Fun day!
                      Last edited by tutusue; February 5, 2006, 07:17 PM. Reason: damn typos!

Comment

Bye Bye Seachickens!
                        Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

I am not quite sure which game everyone watched today, but that was one of the most boring Super Bowls ever. Someone mentioned most exciting - huh?! Exciting is when more than 11 points are scored in twenty minutes. Or when someone breaks off a 30 yard run. Or 35 yard pass. Not tonights game. I was sooooo disappointed - I'm not a Steelers fan, but like them more than most other teams, so I was happy to see them win. But they played a boring game. At least Bud Light had some funny commercials.

Comment

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

I agree... it was a pretty boring game. Anyway too bad Seattle got jobbed on a some calls... that wasn't offensive pass interference ; I don't think Roth*berger got in; the "holding" call that got a pass at the 3 yard line called back... then that stupid blocking below the waist call on Hasselbeck (duh he was playing defense at that point)

There wasn't a sense of urgency on the part of Seattle with seven minutes left down two possessions, horrible time management... reminded me of UH Football grrr.

Comment

Re: Super Bowl XL

So, the score was 21-10 Steelers (an 11-point win). How did our predictors do? Well, scrivener and LikaNui both favored Pittsburgh by 11 points, 28-17, so I'd say they nailed it. Surfingfarmboy favored Seattle by 3 points, manoasurfer by 11 points.

I'm not much of a sports guy, but we had the TV tuned in (giving up scheduled TiVo recordings of "Monk" and other favorites)... and I guess we were rooting for the Seahawks, since I like underdogs and my daughter's second-grade class voted Seahawks their favorites. From that perspective, it was a frustrating game. Whether it was official calls or coaching confusion, it seemed Seattle actually had a chance... but lost it.

But what do I know. My prediction would've probably most closely resembled tutusue's: "4-1, Steelers...with Cobey Bryant hitting a home run with bases loaded in the bottom of the 4th quarter."

Oh, interesting Tivo note: We were frequently clicking back to re-watch ads during the game, so it didn't take long for us to be about four or so minutes out of synch with our neighbors. It was odd to be watching nothing happening on screen, but hearing the whole street erupt in cheers. (I guess I'm surrounded by Steelers fans.)

Comment

Re: Super Bowl XL

Doesn't really matter that the Hicks didn't win (I didn't lose any money); the mere fact that they made it as far as they did is good enough for a lot of fans here. We're giving them a welcome home at Qwest Field in about an hour. Last night, everybody was saying, "Wait 'til next year." I hope so. They have lots to build on. Hope they can hold on to Shaun for another year!

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X