This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mainland Events Calendar

Kama`aina living on the Mainland are invited to use the HawaiiThreads.com Mainland Events Calendar. Is your college "Hawaii Club" having a lu`au? Is your Mainland halau performing? Are there any other places where people can find the aloha spirit away from home? Add it to this special calendar and connect with islanders away from home.

Re: Mainland Events Calendar

Someone noticed that the calendar was set to only be visible to logged-in members. I changed it so that all calendars (Local Events, Mainland Events, and Member Birthdays) are visible even to guests.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Kama`aina living on the Mainland are invited to use the HawaiiThreads.com Mainland Events Calendar. Is your college "Hawaii Club" having a lu`au? Is your Mainland halau performing? Are there any other places where people can find the aloha spirit away from home? Add it to this special calendar and connect with islanders away from home.
      There is an event usually held Labor Day Saturday down south of Houston which I have attended a few times inwhich several Texas halau usually participate. Anyone know about this event called Aloha TexFext?

Comment

Originally posted by Merely Malihini View Post
        There is an event usually held Labor Day Saturday down south of Houston which I have attended a few times inwhich several Texas halau usually participate. Anyone know about this event called Aloha TexFext?
        I didn't go and info on internet was not updated from last year. Did anyone else attend?

Mahalo!

Comment

This year's Pacific Islander festival in San Diego is at Ski Beach in Mission Bay this weekend.

//www.pifasandiego.com/

Comment

Attendance over two days was over 50,000. Over 100 vendors and exhibitors from Hawai'i and most island nations of the Pacific. Very nice hula and music shows. Great food. Weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cool. Lots of people parked and rode the shuttle bus, only $ 1 for both ways. It was really well managed, no hint of fights or drunks or hostility, just good vibes.

Comment

I moved to the mainland and have recently returned. While on the mainland, I introduced my fellow staffers to the Aloha Spirit and it was received and reciprocated. It was great. It was as if I was in the snow with a great bunch of Aloha Haoles. Coming home to the islands, where's the Aloha? There was more in my Indiana town.

Comment

Troubleshooter, you inspire me. I moved away so i could afford a house, and am now working out a plan to get back home. Thanks for showing that this is possible!

Comment

A possible silver lining of the pandemic has been that so many events normally held in person are now being held online. Hawaiian History Month has had streaming stuff recently, and artists like George Kahumoku are doing steaming concerts. This not only strengthens our connection with home, but in many cases allows us a way to help support Hawaii's economy from other places. I hope that some of these will continue even when we are past the pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                  X