Thread: Mainland Events Calendar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mainland Events Calendar

Kama`aina living on the Mainland are invited to use the HawaiiThreads.com Mainland Events Calendar. Is your college "Hawaii Club" having a lu`au? Is your Mainland halau performing? Are there any other places where people can find the aloha spirit away from home? Add it to this special calendar and connect with islanders away from home.

Default Re: Mainland Events Calendar

Someone noticed that the calendar was set to only be visible to logged-in members. I changed it so that all calendars (Local Events, Mainland Events, and Member Birthdays) are visible even to guests.

Louisiana (northern as opposed to the more notable areas down south!)

Question Re: Mainland Events Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Kama`aina living on the Mainland are invited to use the HawaiiThreads.com Mainland Events Calendar. Is your college "Hawaii Club" having a lu`au? Is your Mainland halau performing? Are there any other places where people can find the aloha spirit away from home? Add it to this special calendar and connect with islanders away from home.
    There is an event usually held Labor Day Saturday down south of Houston which I have attended a few times inwhich several Texas halau usually participate. Anyone know about this event called Aloha TexFext?

Louisiana (northern as opposed to the more notable areas down south!)

Quote Originally Posted by Merely Malihini View Post
    There is an event usually held Labor Day Saturday down south of Houston which I have attended a few times inwhich several Texas halau usually participate. Anyone know about this event called Aloha TexFext?
    I didn't go and info on internet was not updated from last year. Did anyone else attend?

Mahalo!

This year's Pacific Islander festival in San Diego is at Ski Beach in Mission Bay this weekend.

//www.pifasandiego.com/

Attendance over two days was over 50,000. Over 100 vendors and exhibitors from Hawai'i and most island nations of the Pacific. Very nice hula and music shows. Great food. Weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cool. Lots of people parked and rode the shuttle bus, only $ 1 for both ways. It was really well managed, no hint of fights or drunks or hostility, just good vibes.

I moved to the mainland and have recently returned. While on the mainland, I introduced my fellow staffers to the Aloha Spirit and it was received and reciprocated. It was great. It was as if I was in the snow with a great bunch of Aloha Haoles. Coming home to the islands, where's the Aloha? There was more in my Indiana town.