PBS Channel's Antiques Roadshow coming to Honolulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PBS Channel's Antiques Roadshow coming to Honolulu

Manoa...I have the name of a textile person at the Honolulu Academy of Arts who I'll contact tomorrow. And, yes, the shirt was just hanging in my closet for all these years!

There was a deadline to apply for tickets online. Applying doesn't guarantee tickets, however, because there's such an overwhelming response. Per their web site ..."A random selection for free tickets will be conducted in May 2006."

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      P.S. How did you secure a ticket this time?
      Also, during one of the PBS station fundraising efforts, they gave out tickets if you donated a certain amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        I read that the appraisers do indeed pay their own way to the various cities. It's not clear why.
        Aha! Here's the link.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          Ummm...how 'bout 'Keiki Hula' instead?
          Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            Sounds like a fair deal to me.
            That's a deal! Please PM me your address!

Comment

The coverage of the Antiques Roadshow at the Convention Center in the Star-Bulletin opens with one Gail Jennings and her carved Palauan storyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                The coverage of the Antiques Roadshow at the Convention Center in the Star-Bulletin opens with one Gail Jennings and her carved Palauan storyboard!
                I gotta say Burl (aka buzz1941) did a pretty good job of capturing the rather complicated provenance of the storyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Wow...that's fascinating... the storyboard that I have inherited is signed...

I also found out that not only did my mother get one... but both of her brothers got one too when they were they're in the 60's.

Comment

Gail introduced herself to me as glossyp and I'm afraid I stared at her blankly until she added, "Hawaii Threads!" Then it clicked.

Her travails schlepping the big board around were a crackup.

When I got back to the office I was informed they wanted two separate stories out of the assignment, one news and one feature. My carefully planned lede got plugged on the news story, and I was too tired to think of another for the feature. So, the ol' scene-setting lede got used, when it actually would have been a color graf down near the end of the story!
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                    X