Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Bowl attendance Vs. Poor UH Attendance

Originally posted by mauiwahine05
    Hey Craig, I'm not trying to step on your toes here, I totally agree with you when u say that they should be more courteous and not take a whole table to themselves especially if there are people waiting, but sometimes, these old timers don't have anywhere else to go. I have an aunty that loves to go to Cafe 100 in Hilo because she can catch up with all her old/new friends since many of them have already passed on.

Here's a suggestion, a lot of times old timers jump at the opportunity to be social, next time if there's only 3 of you and 1 of them on a four seater, ask him if you and your kids can join him/her. A lot of times (i'm not saying always) they would be willing to share. And you never know but something good could come out of it. I engaged in a conversation with an 86 year old man on the metro train and couldn't stop smiling after our convesation =) try it out one day, u may be surprised, ur kids may also get something out of it too =) aloha
    I tried something like that once where one McDonalds used chairs instead of benches at their tables. I found one table but it had only three chairs because at another table a group of seniors had five seated there. Next to my table was this lone elderly man engrossed in his newspaper. I asked him if I could borrow one chair for my kid. He abruptly told me he's expecting company and brushed me off. I ended up standing and we left before anyone joined him. I was so pissed I wanted to tip his coffee on his paper for being so inconsiderate.

You know families normally don't go to McDonalds during the week because we work or go to school. But on the weekends it's their turn to kokua and allow the rest of us to enjoy a family place too.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Pro Bowl attendance Vs. Poor UH Attendance

I think there are several reasons why the UH has poor attendance:

1. The stadium is not located on campus. I think it's outrageous that the UH does not have its own campus stadium. If you want the students to support the program, build the stadium on campus.

2. Many foreign students make up the population of the UH. Foreign students would rather work than attend football games.

3. UH needs better competition.

4. UH needs to market itself better to both students and general public.

As for the Pro-Bowl:
      It's a once-a-year event. It features star athletes. For NFL fans it's exciting.

Comment

Working...
      X