Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choco Taco on Oahu anywhere?

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Speaking of ice cream sandwiches, where can I get an It's It in Honolulu? Haven't had one of those in years.
    It's It ice cream sandwiches are suppost to be in all Safeway Stores in Hawaii! I know Kapolei Safeway has them, I order them.
    Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

i used to order ice cream thru a vendor called delicious hawaii. a guy named john runs it. i asked him if choco tacos actually sold as they didnt seem that tasty looking to me. if i had known there was demand for it, i would have brought them in and posted it here =p
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
        I found a box of It's It! (and promptly bought a box because they're SO GOOD omg)

Regularly priced $3.29 for a box of 3 sammiches at Safeway (in Kapolei). I look at Costco whenever I'm there (in Mililani) and have never seen 'em.

They were next to the chocolate covered bananas, which I had to buy, too.

-k
        Ahhh, now I know who's buying all the It's It and chocolate covered bananas at my store.

Comment

OMG they've been out for like 2+ weeks. I was in the dessert aisle last week looking all sad and some guy checking prices or something walks up to me and is like "Are you finding everything ok, ma'am?" and I'm was like "I think there's something wrong with this shelf" and I pointed to the empty shelf where It's It and bananas used to live. He just laughed at me. We went lastnight and they had one box of It's It left that was like hastily thrown there. I didn't buy it tho. I wanted the nanners.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
            OMG they've been out for like 2+ weeks. I was in the dessert aisle last week looking all sad and some guy checking prices or something walks up to me and is like "Are you finding everything ok, ma'am?" and I'm was like "I think there's something wrong with this shelf" and I pointed to the empty shelf where It's It and bananas used to live. He just laughed at me. We went lastnight and they had one box of It's It left that was like hastily thrown there. I didn't buy it tho. I wanted the nanners.
            I just took over ordering last week from one of our (very overworked) grocery managers. My next order (comes in Sunday evening), will have 2 cases of It's It, and 3 cases of chocolate covered bananas.

Hehe, I was working last night (after 10:30pm) and I saw the same thing you saw...one lonely box of It's It.

Comment

Originally posted by Altivec
              My next order (comes in Sunday evening)
              This gives me the weekend to clean out the freezer of random items so I can fit in at least a box of each .

As much as I hate to admit it - I can't wait for the weekend to be over :0

Thanks!!
              k

Comment

Sighted:
                Kaiser Hospital Moanalua, main cafeteria, 2nd floor in the ice cream vending machine. $1.50 each. So I decided to try one for the first time.

What's really cool is the vending machine. It uses a robotic "arm" with a vacuum hose that lifts your selection out of a chest-type freezer. I was more impressed by that than the Choco Taco itself. The sugar "taco" shell is soggy and the chocolate overpowers the vanilla ice cream. IMO.

I'll stick with the Drum Stick.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I prolly shouldn't even be trying at this one but all out Taco Times have choco Tacos! That's the only spot we have em!
                  So I googled it and it said there was Taco Times in Honolulu. Sounds like you found them already though!!!
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Just an update on It's Its on Oahu - they're now 3.99 iirc and not only do they have the original ones at the Kapolei Safeway, they now carry them in mint, too!

And yes, the mint ones are good, too. You'd think the oatmeal cookie and mint ice cream would be weird, but it's an ice cream sandwich and it just alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll tastes goooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                      Just an update on It's Its on Oahu - they're now 3.99 iirc and not only do they have the original ones at the Kapolei Safeway, they now carry them in mint, too!

And yes, the mint ones are good, too. You'd think the oatmeal cookie and mint ice cream would be weird, but it's an ice cream sandwich and it just alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll tastes goooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddd
                      Well, I no longer work at the Kapolei store, I now can be seen at the new Kapahulu store...and yes we have both the original and mint It's It in stock!

Comment

Food Pantry in Waikiki on Kuhio sells INDIVIDUAL It's It! So if you're craving an indulgence but don't want to eat multiple ones by buying a whole box from Safeway, now you know where to find just one!

Comment

Sorrow in Choco Taco town after summer treat is discontinued - ABC News (go.com)

No more Choco Tacos,

Comment

Choco Tacos Are Coming Back Nationwide Thanks to Taco Bell and Salt & Straw (yahoo.com)

Run for the border.

Comment

Working...
                            X