Doctor Who on SciFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doctor Who on SciFi

I've heard all sorts of stories about why Eccleston left, he didn't want to get pidgeonholed, he had some other job he wanted to do more, he didn't want to leave, ... still not sure what happened there I still prefer him to Tennant, but Tennant's definitely getting better.

Either way, I'm still sitting there waiting for the newest episode to pop up every Saturday night so they must be doing something right

Waiting for Torchwood to come back now!

Comment

I didnt like Torchwood as much. Capt Jack's character is much more subdued then his flamboyant gaiety in the Dr Who episodes he was in. I didnt see many of the Sarah series, how many episodes where there?

Also, any other BBC recommendations? I havent finished Robin Hood yet. Heard some things about HMS Camden Lock but havent found any episodes yet.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Torchwood comes and goes for me. Some of the episodes I thought were just absolutely awesome, others a little mediocre. I kind of liked the darker Captain Jack myself. Looking forward to seeing what they do with him in series 3 of Dr Who, if anything.

I think there was only one episode of SJSA produced so far. We grabbed it and my wife and I both thought it was moderately awful. But hey, it's meant to be a kids' show, what can you expect. It wouldn't be out of place on Nickelodeon or something. I think the first episode was produced jointly with BBC, and whatever other company was doing the show was to take it over after that if the pilot was successful. It's one of the only series on the BBC web site where you actually can't visit it if you're not in the UK... go figure.

Comment

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/84dc/
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Interesting 8" replicas of Daleks saying "EXTERMINATE" "EXTERMINATE"

well ya can have them buzzing around when ya have company around the house you dislike or you have guests and its 11PM or so and they are taking a wee bit longer when leaving and ya have to get up at like 6AM in the morning.

btw for those who don't have digital cable (BBC) that is Season 3 is making its way on SCi-Fi in JULY 2007

And PBS for some reason is playing Season 1

Comment

Been watching some of the episodes of Doctor Who with David Tennant as the 10th Doctor that have been airing on the Sci-Fi channel. Sometime I am paying attention to the episodes and other times it's just background noise at home. The ones with the Sontaran's seem pretty interesting.

Comment

Was watching the episode The Stolen Earth this past Friday (7/25/08) and what got me was that after the Earth was stolen and it was placed with the other 26 or so planets, somebody says that there is a field that kept the atomsphere and heat in to keep the humans alive on Earth.

However the Daleks come in later to the episode and say "Exterminate!"

Comment

Well what fun would there be for the Daleks to totally dominate a dead dead world? They gotta have someone saying "We surrender to your total greatness and un-stop-abilty." Also, it was a human who said that the field was there and would keep the humans alive. Perhaps the field is ther to keep the whales alive and the humans are so human-centered that they don't know it's not there to keep the humans alive?

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

Noooooooooooooo! I know I said Eccleston was the best Doctor but but but then there was Tennant. and now he'll be gone.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7808697.stm

Matt Smith is the new Doctor.

Comment

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/doctor-190900209.html

The 12th Doctor Who.

Comment

http://tv.msn.com/paralleluniverse/w...e/?photoidx=13

Who's who on Doctor Who.