Cockroaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cockroaches?

I have never seen a Scorpion in Hawaii before.

Comment

I neva forget one supa killa B-52 wen attack my Uncle Charlie. He spray da Raid but still wen attack his face so he attack back by hitting da buggah wit da Raid can instead. Hoooo funny, funny cause it wasn't me.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by waiz4kooks
        I have never seen a Scorpion in Hawaii before.
        They stay in dry wooded area`s, say like one Kiawe tree area`s
        OGGBOY
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Sounds like this would be a good time to mention some of the previous HT "bug" threads: Centipede stories, Cane Spider in da house, and Whats the last thing you killed?

Comment

OK jus for you guys.... da Unofficial mascot

cane spider

garden spider

centipede

scorpion

so there is a taste of the creepy crawlies....

another story about B-52's they do chase you! I was 5 yrs old and 2 ganged up on me and chased me outta the bathroom once... never go anywhere without your slippah ready
            Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Those pics should have come with a big warning sign waaaaaay above them!

..... oooo da chicken skin.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I'm picturing all of these people in Hawaii running around with slippers/flipflops/fly swatters/and.anything.else.that.kills waving around the air, yelling "I"LL GETCHA!" or something to that affect.

I've been giggling for about five minutes with that thought.

edited to add:

don't get me wrong, i'd be right there with ya. I hate bugs...kill 'em, I say.

when i lived in philly, my little sister didn't believe me about roaches being 2-3 inches long in the city. i warned her not to keep food or old soda cans in her room. then i threatened. finally she got the idea when i freaked out on her, b/c there was a 2.5 inch roach wandering across the floor. i made her let me use her shoe to kill the bastid.
                Last edited by flying snow; March 8, 2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

My neighbor one time made me come over to kill a centipede for her I walk in the house and her and her daughter are both up on the bed while this centipede just sits there, so i smacked it with my slipper. Hate those things.

Comment

Oh the things people have to live with to live in "Paradise"! Maybe somebody should farm those B-52 bumbucha cockaroaches and turn them into another protein source (deep fried, with some kind of peanut sauce, or maybe covered with chocolate). Sure be easier to eat than those deep fried ants! ("And what does it taste like?" "chicken") ROFL

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'd rather have cockroaches and cane spiders than centipedes and scorpions any day! (Not that I particularly like cockroaches.) When we rented a place on Waialae Nui Ridge we had bunches of centipedes and scorpions. I guessed that they probably came in from the dry mountainside looking for some water or something. Kaneohe side we have plenty of cockroaches, ants and now mosquitoes "in the jungle".

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                        Kaneohe side we have plenty of cockroaches, ants and now mosquitoes "in the jungle".

Hey Neighbor! I'm from Kailua, Yeah plenty Cockroaches, I have seen a few centipedes, no scorpions though.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                          [...]When we rented a place on Waialae Nui Ridge we had bunches of centipedes and scorpions. I guessed that they probably came in from the dry mountainside looking for some water or something. [...]
                          The majority of centipedes and scorpions I've seen have been on Waialae Iki and, as previously mentioned, Manoa. Both homes either rest on the edge of or butt up against a mountain.

Friends used to live at the Hawaii Kai Retirement Community which was built in a previously undeveloped valley. They had a horrible time with centipedes. Tons of centipedes. I guess the construction sent those critters scrambling.

Comment

Originally posted by kaneohegirl
                            OK jus for you guys....
                            WHOOOO!!!!!! A little more WARNING next time, yeah?

Comment

I know, we really didn't need fo see dem dam tings, Kaneohegirl. Eeuuuuwwwww (shaking all ovah)....giving me da heebeegeebeez. <LMAO>

Story from yesterday. Wife asked if I threw the plastic bag away. She usually picks up the dog poop and fallen fruit and tosses the bag over the fence in the driveway so I can put it in the trash. Anyways, I says, "Oh, you mean da one dat was undah my truck?" (about 8' from where she normally tosses it) I started laughing my ass off. I told her when I went to pick it up it "rolled" away from me. She had found another toad in the yard and she picked it up in the plastic bag. They still try to run when in the bag and it'll roll all over the place.

The wife has no sympathy for toads. We have dogs and the toads can be deadly to them. If you have the same, get rid of the toads. Sorry kinda OT, but it's yet another common critter here. This one being particularly dangerous to pets.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                                WHOOOO!!!!!! A little more WARNING next time, yeah?
                                Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
                                I know, we really didn't need fo see dem dam tings, Kaneohegirl. Eeuuuuwwwww (shaking all ovah)....giving me da heebeegeebeez. <LMAO>
                                Originally posted by LeiKaina
                                Those pics should have come with a big warning sign waaaaaay above them!

..... oooo da chicken skin.

now if I gave warning then I would be doing Triggerfish a great disservice... you know if he cannot handle pictures den for real dey better not move ;P
                                Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Working...
                                X