Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

Here's the tally thus far, from "definites" to "pretty sures":
    • 1stwahine (Lynn) - Kalbi and raw fish, tako from Tamashiro Market.
    • AbsolutChaos (Shilpa) - Salad.
    • Doc1456 (Adrian)
    • Helen
    • Jdub (Jamie) - Pico de gallo, adult beverages
    • Kimo55
    • MadAzza
    • Menehune Man - Bucket o' chicken, CD/Cassette player
    • Palama Kid - Sumpin from Liliha Bakery
    • Pzarquon (Ryan) - rice, paper products, drinks, small propane grill.
    • Tutusue (Sue) - Tutusue's Tantalizing Phamous Phudge
    And the "maybes" include:
    • Manoasurfer123 - Camera shy.
    • Windwardskies (Lisa) - Will be in town, so hopefully!
    • Linkmeister - Might stop by.
    • Scrivener (Mitchell) - Busy... and hates small talk.
    C'mon, you lurkers and periodic posters... let's hui and talkstory face to face!

If you haven't posted your potluck contribution, please do! If someone wants to take "drinks" (i.e. sodas, orange passion, etc., not of the Jdub/Kimo55 variety!) off my hands, I'd be much obliged.

And believe it or not, Manoasurfer123, people who vehemently disagree and debate 'til they're blue in the face can still have lunch and have a good time together. I hope our Big Island members can arrange their own fabulous gathering soon!

Comment

Yeah! I'm so Excited! Also, Tita Lika is in town. She will be coming by hopefully, if she can find the place. heheheh She got LOST twice looking for me last night. Too funny.

Can't wait to Talk Story with all of you who are coming. It's always great to meet and put a face behind the name. Always a pleasant surprise.

Only two more days!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
        Okay then... I have a pretty good CD/Cassette player I'll bring with some music.
        Have someone bring a copy of my HT radio show...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          If you haven't posted your potluck contribution, please do! If someone wants to take "drinks" (i.e. sodas, orange passion, etc., not of the Jdub/Kimo55 variety!) off my hands, I'd be much obliged.

I'll do it! Drinks are on me!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            Couple = two, right?
            That's right! Two's my limit. Any more than that, and I turn into an impossibly gorgeous and sexy creature, witty and clever beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              That's right! Two's my limit. Any more than that, and I turn into an impossibly gorgeous and sexy creature, witty and clever beyond belief.
              Yeah, me too!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Drinks are on me!
                You may want to take a shower before the mosquitos find you...

Comment

navel slurpshots!

http://www.tommyafricas.com/images/AlexVanLshots.jpg

Comment

So *that's* the secret! Kewl! Maybe I will hoist a few on Sunday. I can use all the help I can get!

Comment

• Re: Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      Here's the tally thus far, from "definites" to "pretty sures":
                      • 1stwahine (Lynn) - Kalbi and raw fish, tako from Tamashiro Market.
                      • AbsolutChaos (Shilpa) - Salad.
                      • Doc1456 (Adrian)
                      • Helen
                      • Jdub (Jamie) - Pico de gallo, adult beverages
                      • Kimo55
                      • MadAzza
                      • Menehune Man - Bucket o' chicken, CD/Cassette player
                      • Palama Kid - Sumpin from Liliha Bakery
                      • Pzarquon (Ryan) - rice, paper products, drinks, small propane grill.
                      • Tutusue (Sue) - Tutusue's Tantalizing Phamous Phudge
                      And the "maybes" include:
                      • Manoasurfer123 - Camera shy.
                      • Windwardskies (Lisa) - Will be in town, so hopefully!
                      • Linkmeister - Might stop by.
                      • Scrivener (Mitchell) - Busy... and hates small talk.
                      C'mon, you lurkers and periodic posters... let's hui and talkstory face to face!

And believe it or not, Manoasurfer123, people who vehemently disagree and debate 'til they're blue in the face can still have lunch and have a good time together. I hope our Big Island members can arrange their own fabulous gathering soon!
                      I'm not camerashy.... hahaha

I just no like be responsible for anyones lens cracking cause I so ugly when the shutter opens! j/k.

Just wondering... is there a back up plan if the weather does not cooperate yet?
                      What time food gonna actually be served....? If I do come... what I want to bring is best straight from the oven?

Comment

"Stop by" implies I might be cruising around town on Sunday. Not so! I might be able to get away from the house for a little while, if I can get my sister to come over and show her Vegas pictures off. We'll see.
                        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I'm on the clock during that time, but if I can, maybe I'll swing by for some "wild art."

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                            Just wondering... is there a back up plan if the weather does not cooperate yet?
                            Umbrellas? Ponchos? Plastic bags? Mud wrestling? No idea. If it's raining and no one else comes, find me at the pavillion under a picnic table stuffing my face with rice.

What time food gonna actually be served....? If I do come... what I want to bring is best straight from the oven?
                            I hope to be there by 10:15, 10:30 a.m., and hope (but doubt) I'll be able to hold a table or two. I'll probably be hungry by noon! My wife and kids will also have to skedaddle at 1:15 p.m. or so, so I'm hoping they'll at least have some time to enjoy the company and the food.

Comment

I'll be there early too. I got to cook the Kalbi!

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm chopping onions and bell peppers for tomorrows picnic!

Here's my next invention: Pre-Cut Fresh Onions and peppers.

If they can sell salads straight from the bag...why can't they sell fresh cut-up onions and peppers...

Everyone knows cutting onions makes you cry!

Most my other ingredients have been pre-shredded/cut/and or packaged so that I don't have to Cry over a meal!

Comment

Working...
                                X