Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I want HDTV

Originally posted by sin View Post
    if anyone has an hdtv AND and xbox 360 there's an input where you can plug the xbox directly into the hdtv and the picture quality while playing your video game is incredible.

sorry if this seems random,
    And for the record, he's not referring to me.

Originally posted by sin View Post
    but i just discovered i had this direct plug in when my brother in law brought in his xbox and showed me last month. and we've had the tv for over a year!
    I assume you're referring to the HDMI connection, no?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I'm now up and running with HDTV, digital cable and an HD DVR. Very, very cool. I feel like, finely, I might have skated, albeit on thin ice, into the 21st century! I wonder how long it'll take before I have to make my first trouble shooting call to Oceanic!

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Have a Q that we can help with....fire away!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
          Welcome to the club!

Have a Q that we can help with....fire away!
          Thanx, Ninja. I noticed your location. Do you work at VL? If so, might we know each other?

Comment

Man, i'm still wondering WHEN any of the local news will be in HD. I know it involves a lot of money and investment, but I can't wait till that time comes...if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
              Man, i'm still wondering WHEN any of the local news will be in HD. I know it involves a lot of money and investment, but I can't wait till that time comes...if ever.
              ==================
              Are you that anxious to see all the wrinkles and blemishes on our aging local newscasters?

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                So, OTW channels 1003 (HKHON), 1006 (HKITV) and 1008 (HKHNL)...is the national news in HD and the local news isn't? Don't all stations have to comply at some point in 2009?

This whole HD issue is so confusing to me!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  So, OTW channels 1003 (HKHON), 1006 (HKITV) and 1008 (HKHNL)...is the national news in HD and the local news isn't?
                  Just NBC's news.
                  I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

Don't all stations have to comply at some point in 2009?
                    No. There's no requirement for HD in 2009, or ever. There is only a requirement for digital over-the-air broadcasting starting sometime in 2009.
                    Greg

Comment

Still no HD service in our townhouse complex in Mililani, despite being in the same zip code as Oceanic. The guy at the very end (nearest where the cable comes in) can get HD, and a couple of our neighbors have Dish Network (which gets HD, right?), so it's quite unikely the majority of our neighbors will sign on to pay for a wiring upgrade.

Fortunately, we get good looking (if not HD) video from Apple TV, Tivo (and Amazon Unbox) and a Vudu box... so we've got a lot of options outside of the cable company.

Comment

Originally posted by 808htfan View Post
                        Just NBC's news.
                        Ok...thanx.
                        Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                        No. There's no requirement for HD in 2009, or ever. There is only a requirement for digital over-the-air broadcasting starting sometime in 2009.
                        Maybe I get it now? 2009 is the target year for analog>digital conversion? HD is only frosting on the digital cake?

Comment

Maybe I get it now? 2009 is the target year for analog>digital conversion? HD is only frosting on the digital cake?
                          I think you've got it. HD is digital, but not all digital is HD. One of the options stations have is to have more Standard Definition broadcasts in digital rather then HD.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                            One of the options stations have is to have more Standard Definition broadcasts in digital rather then HD.
                            what about 'widescreen'?

Comment

Hey, I just ran across this on the Hawaii Association of Broadcasters site - it answers some questions:

http://www.dtvanswers.com/

Comment

So, OTW channels 1003 (HKHON), 1006 (HKITV) and 1008 (HKHNL)...is the national news in HD and the local news isn't? Don't all stations have to comply at some point in 2009?

This whole HD issue is so confusing to me!
                                I'm only subscribed to the basic HD service which I believe include 20 something channels. Not all the programs on those channels are in HD but it still looks better than the non-HD channel of the same broadcast. THe easiest way to find out if the program you're watching is in HD is to press GUIDE on your remote and you will/or will not see HD in bold.

Comment

Working...
                                X