X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Season of Dog

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    [...]Yes, I agree with you. Infact, Linda was crying and said the same thing. She told me, "How can they go to Word Of Life and raise their hands to glorify our Father and do this?"[...]
    Auntie...please tell Linda to not take it personally. It's all about ratings. Ratings usurp class and reality.

I read your blog about this situation. The part where Dog and the cameraman return to Linda's hale so Dog can listen at the door? That's just a coverage shot which has nothing to do with Linda and everything to do with editing the show. Beth's "screaming appearance for the cameras" was just that...for the cameras! Unfortunately, that will increase ratings.

I don't know Dog or Beth but I do know "for the cameras". It's all about having enough footage to edit episodes that the station and producers hope will increase ratings and the almighty dollar. Business decisions. Sad but true.
    Last edited by tutusue; August 24, 2006, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      I don't know Dog or Beth but I do know "for the cameras". It's all about having enough footage to edit episodes that the station and producers hope will increase ratings and the almight dollar. Business decisions. Sad but true.
      It is Sad. People who make Money off of other people's misery. I am full on behind capturing Criminals. Like I said in my Blog, I've met many. Dog and his crew are only doing it for the love of Money and Fame.

Yes, it is Sad.

How I wish a Real Bounty Hunter whom acts Professional can be found and show the World our islands in a different way than what Dog and his puppies are doing. Yes, we have our Criminals whom need to be captured. But not in the way in which they are being treated by Dog and his low life crew.

There will be a day when Auntie pUpUle comes face to face with The Dog!

They want ratings to go up? Call me!!!hahahahahaha

Auntie Lynn

Btw: Profanity is used on my Blog. If you have Virgin Eyes ~ Do not go there.
      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 24, 2006, 07:40 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think the show is funny. I think it is nice to see the seedier side of Hawaii than the false paradise I am used to watching. Their very obnoxiousness sells the show. The black hats and white hats are both low-lifes, so be it.

Comment

How I wish a Real Bounty Hunter whom acts Professional can be found and show the World our islands in a different way than what Dog and his puppies are doing.
          But then, nobody would watch, let alone sign them to a series.

Dog is a character. Very much like a cartoon character. So much so, he's probably a caricature of a caricature of a larger-than-life idea of a person. It's not his job or even the criminals that makes that show a success. It's exactly the obnoxiousness mixed with professions of faith and love that rubs some the wrong way.

Does he really believe half the things he says about turning one's life around and whatever shmatever about god? Maybe. Who cares? It's a TV show, not a documentary.

So he's not the greatest role model, on or off camera. Some folks love him. I have no doubt some folks credit him with inspiring their own turnaround, changing their lives for the better. He just spent some time with some little fans as part of a Make a Wish effort. He might be a phony, but don't tell those kids... I'm sure he made their day.

Comment

Dog and his crew are only doing it for the love of Money and Fame.
            Let's keep in mind that he's not going after people for bounty; in the show, at least, he goes after people who borrowed money from him and didn't show up for the court dates that the money was supposed to secure. These are basically people who've stolen from him. Call it "love of money and fame" if you want, but he was in the bail bonds business before he was a TV star. I don't know what people make in that business, but it sounds like a lousy way to make a living. Lynn, I think I know you well enough to say that if you gave people money for bail and they didn't show up for their dates in court, you'd have something to say about it, too.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              Let's keep in mind that he's not going after people for bounty; in the show, at least, he goes after people who borrowed money from him and didn't show up for the court dates that the money was supposed to secure. These are basically people who've stolen from him. Call it "love of money and fame" if you want, but he was in the bail bonds business before he was a TV star. I don't know what people make in that business, but it sounds like a lousy way to make a living. Lynn, I think I know you well enough to say that if you gave people money for bail and they didn't show up for their dates in court, you'd have something to say about it, too.
              Yes, Scrivener I hear ya! If I lent my money to someone for Bail and they didn't show-up...I would have more than something to say. I'd give them Whack Whacks!!

Seriously, I am not in the same Business as Dog. I don't want to be in the same business as Dog. It is a Lousy way to make a Living.

Each of us have our own calling. Mine is not to go busting in homes screaming at the top of my lungs, accusing others of harboring Criminals, etc. Nah, I'm simple minded. I have Mental Illness. I only know how to make others Smile and Laugh.

I share Aloha.

God Bless

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

There is an excellent article about Da Kine Bail Bonds, the busienss that Dog and his new wife, Beth operates. This was published in Hawaii Business magazine in June. The article is online at this link:

Dog, Inc.

Here are some quotes from the article specific to some of the business aspects of the operation:

Beth Smith says that Da Kine Bail Bonds and its five sister bail-bond offices in Hawaii and Colorado wrote approximately $10 million in bonds in 2005. Their 10 percent fee gives the business approximately $1 million in gross revenues, but the business, which has a total of 15 employees, only receives 60 percent of the fee. It pays out the rest to its insurance company and the courts. In addition, every time a client skips, besides bounty hunting expenses, Beth has to hire a lawyer at $250 a pop.
                They do make money off the A&E show:

Of course, there is more to Dog Corp. than just the bail-bonding business. A&E reportedly paid the Chapmans $2.6 million for season three. It's a sum Dog vehemently denies, but, when asked, Beth breaks out in a sparkling Cheshire Cat smile. "I'm not going to confirm it, but I can't deny it either," she says.
                Regardless, they still have to work to earn their keep in the industry they're in. Read the entire article. I learned a few things about Dog & co., plus info about the bail bond industry.
                Last edited by mel; August 25, 2006, 09:02 PM.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

From the associated Press:

HONOLULU -- TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman was arrested early this morning in Hawaii, his publicist, Mona Wood, confirmed. Wood said she could provide no details. MSNBC reports said U.S. Marshals arrested Chapman and two family members - Leland and Tim Chapman - on kidnapping charges.

The news channel said Mexico issued a warrant for Chapman's arrest for his alleged kidnapping of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster three years ago.

Chapman's capture of Luster - a serial rapist - in Mexico catapulted the bounty hunter to fame and led to the reality series on the A&E channel.

Wood says this is obviously a very upsetting time for the Chapman family. She says Chapman is a true modern-day hero.

"He arrests the bad guys - and he is definitely not one of them," she said, adding he would be vindicated

Comment

An extradition hearing later today.....I think it is, in Federal Court.

Why is there no statute of limitations on this, why has it taken so long for this to occur, and what about treaties with Mexico, and....will they win in the hearing today? They certainly should.
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Dang Pablo... I just read that myself!!!

Looks like he's up shat creek w/out a paddle on this one!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060914/..._hunter_arrest

Comment

I can't get over the fact that a bailbondsman got caught jumping bail. He has had to wake up to this "unfinished business" every day for the last three years.

Way to empathize with your customers.
                        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I have just one comment:

Bwaaaahahahahahahaha!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

LikaNui...I don't understand...can you clarify how you really feel? You can be so enigmatic sometimes.

Comment

'Bout 2 and a half years ago, Dog was snoopin' around Waipahu lookin' for my HuBby's cousin....the funny thing is that my huBby& his cousin look the same! Dog tried to take my HuBy in and my HuBby was laughin' the whole time, pissin' dog off, and HuBy kept sayin' "it wasn't me".

AnYway, after Dog found his ID in HuBbys pocket, Dog wasn't really apologetic ~ he was just kinda mad & thought HuBby was playin' a decoit, so cousin can escape....hmm...maybe he was i dunna wasn't there..that would of been funny to catch on tape
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                                LikaNui...I don't understand...can you clarify how you really feel? You can be so enigmatic sometimes.
                                Greg, I'm not "enigmatic". I'm a Dice-O-Matic! I slice 'em. I dice 'em. I chop 'em up into small pieces.
                                But wait! There's MORE!
                                I also call 'em like I see 'em.
                                Ask Tiny.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X