This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Favorite Local TV Ads!

I don't know if these 8 spots will become favorites -- as they've not even hit the air yet ...

... but I was stoked to be able to write about high school kids -- and not just the usual priviledged ones -- getting this ad-creating opportunity.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/04/11/b...s/story01.html

I'm looking forward to seeing them.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I just reviewed my Galactica 1980 beta tape from 26 years ago taped off of KITV from 1980, here are the commercials/promo's:

Kung Fu rerun weekday afternoons
      Barney Miller promo
      Newscenter 4 Closeup Story: "Down & Out, the Story of Hawaii's Streetpeople"
      hosted by Emme
      Muffler Bay at Tire Warehouse
      Burger King with a ticker revealing all of the local winners of a recent contest they had
      Spa Health and Fitness Centers...for an introductory offer of $9.99 for one month will get you group activies like disco dancing for your health
      Local Hostess ad with with a plug for Loves Bakery within it, ad takes place with a mom and her kids at a house.
      Charlie's Angels ID tag
      Laverne & Shirley promo
      Soap promo Monday at 9:00pm
      Three's Company rerun Thursday at 6:30pm
      Newscenter 4 Update (I dont know who the old guy was that did this update)
      Kramer's Clothing ad narrated by Michael W. Perry
      A different local Hostess ad, this time with a teenage outrigger canoe club
      with their lead adult speaking
      Meadow Gold...."A Household word in Hawaii"
      Family promo ID tag

So nothing much of great interest on the tapes but its one of many I have to go thru now. On another tape I saw a CBS Newsbreak from 1980 and they said due to the garbage workers strike all schools are canceled for the time being.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Kalihiboy...please explain the 'local hostess' ads. Is that the name of the product? It doesn't ring any bells with me.

Comment

What I meant is that it was a locally produced Hostess ad, you know the company that makes twinkies and one of the two different ads I have the mother says that the bread is baked by Love's Bakery.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
            What I meant is that it was a locally produced Hostess ad, you know the company that makes twinkies and one of the two different ads I have the mother says that the bread is baked by Love's Bakery.

KalihiBoy
            Very interesting! I don't recall any local Hostess ads. O'course that doesn't mean they weren't produced locally...jus' that my long term memory might be failing me! I'd love to see them. Any chance you can post 'em to a web site?

Comment

As long as they wren't "local hostess bar" ads!

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
                As long as they weren't "local hostess bar" ads!
                That's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw something about hostess ads.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
                  As long as they wren't "local hostess bar" ads!
                  Some of you old-timers may remember that a TV SPOT for the old Lollipop Lounge strip club, complete with dancers and "clientele" was shot in the KITV studio and actually aired (late night) ... before it was yanked (due to viewer complaints) and those involved in its production were suspended briefly.

It was 1980 or '81, as I recall.

No extra kudos if you remember the song that was used for the spot, however, as it was too obvious a choice. (Yes, that old song Lollipop was it.)
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Newscenter 4 Closeup Story: "Down & Out, the Story of Hawaii's Streetpeople"
                    hosted by Emme
                    And here we are 26 years later and what stories are we seeing/reading? Why, homeless people rousted from Ala Moana Beach Park and staying at Kawaiahao Church.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                    X