X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstitions

From Dictionary.com

"Superstions:

An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome. "

I have the feeling that everytime I post a victory on HT when the game is actually in progress.... my team loses!!!!

Gonzaga was up... the Seahawks were up... and what did I do... jump on HT and talk stink... next thing you know...they end up losing!!!!

I blame HT for Gonzaga losing the other night...The Seahawks losing the Superbowl... and if Washington now loses in the 2nd half of this game now...(were up 45-40 at the half now to number 1 ranked Connecticut)

I will be very superstitious of HT.

On a funny side note... the cheerleaders on both teams keeping cheering for the "Huskies"... DUH!

Re: Superstitions

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    From Dictionary.com

"Superstions:

An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome. "
    I pray to jesus and virgin mary who begat him that this is wrong.

Comment

like Government getting involved in the Free Enterprise market?

I've always suggested that if you want to get rid of prostitution...legalize it then tax the hell out of it while regulating the heck out of it and pretty soon it just won't make any sense to do business in this state of ours and the hookers move back to the West Coast.

While your at it legalize drug use and abortion and pretty soon it won't be cost effective to have either and it simply goes away. You want drugs then there'll be a massive surcharge on shooting up. If you want an abortion the tax will be so outrageous it'll cost you your first born...literally.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        like Government getting involved in the Free Enterprise market?

I've always suggested that if you want to get rid of prostitution...legalize it then tax the hell out of it while regulating the heck out of it and pretty soon it just won't make any sense to do business in this state of ours and the hookers move back to the West Coast.

While your at it legalize drug use and abortion and pretty soon it won't be cost effective to have either and it simply goes away. You want drugs then there'll be a massive surcharge on shooting up. If you want an abortion the tax will be so outrageous it'll cost you your first born...literally.
        OMG, Craig! In 1979, I wrote my then state representative basically the exact same thing in the exact same words...much to my (then) husband's dismay! The only difference is I recommended legalizing pot, not drugs in general. Still...was eerie to read you reply!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          From Dictionary.com

"Superstions:

I have the feeling that everytime I post a victory on HT when the game is actually in progress.... my team loses!!!!

Gonzaga was up... the Seahawks were up... and what did I do... jump on HT and talk stink... next thing you know...they end up losing!!!!

I blame HT for Gonzaga losing the other night...The Seahawks losing the Superbowl... and if Washington now loses in the 2nd half of this game now...(were up 45-40 at the half now to number 1 ranked Connecticut)

I will be very superstitious of HT.

On a funny side note... the cheerleaders on both teams keeping cheering for the "Huskies"... DUH!
          OMG... fricking UConn hits a 3 w/ 1.7 seconds in the game to tie it up...

THIS IS THE HT JINX

we will see for sure in 3 minutes!

Comment

It's now official...

My new superstition:

Never post on Hawaiithreads while your team is playing....

Your team will lose...

Washington Huskies lose in O/T with a fricking bad call included...(the goaltending call that never got called however, the announcers even said the Washington got robbed!)

Anyone else with a superstition?

Comment

I always go out with atleast two layers of shirts (one white undershirt, and the shirt over it) - even when I go beach or doctors office.

Oh, and ever since I got splashed last week, I always stay either 5ft+ away from the sidewalk edge or behind an object to avoid being splashed.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I have a friend who fervently believes that if I get attached to a tv show and start watching it regularly, it will be cancelled. She has requested that I not watch her favorite tv shows.

Comment

I am a believer 99.9% that.......

- Walking Under A Ladder = bad luck
                  - Crossing the path of a black cat
                  - Step On A Crack and that supposedly breaks your m...... ya get the idea
                  - Breaking A Mirror supposedly ya get 7 yrs
                  - I did have a situation where I accidently spill salt but does it ward off if you toss them over the right shoulder immediately?
                  - And whistling at night awakes the spirits. A store manager that I worked with back home preferred that I did not do that which I had a tendecy to do now and then.

Comment

If your mom always tells you to wear CLEAN undies and socks...LISTEN TO MOM!!!! I heard this once...a very good looking and well dressed guy got badly injured in an accident...he was taken to the hospital and of course, unconcious....when the nurses stripped him to treat him...they were shocked to find him wearing under all that nice suit....an underwear that was very unpleasant and unsightly....same goes with socks...you dont wanna wear old puka socks and unfortunately get to take your shoes off while in a house of a friend or company...pheeww!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      I am a believer 99.9% that.......

- Breaking A Mirror supposedly ya get 7 yrs
                      I actually broke about 10 mirrors one time. My dad had stacked 15-20 mirrors against the wall. The huge ones....I fell into them and broke at least 10 when I was about 12 years old. They fell one after another on the ground and on me.

Guess, I will have bad luck for the rest of my life!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
                        If your mom always tells you to wear CLEAN undies and socks...LISTEN TO MOM!!!! I heard this once...a very good looking and well dressed guy got badly injured in an accident...he was taken to the hospital and of course, unconcious....when the nurses stripped him to treat him...they were shocked to find him wearing under all that nice suit....an underwear that was very unpleasant and unsightly....same goes with socks...you dont wanna wear old puka socks and unfortunately get to take your shoes off while in a house of a friend or company...pheeww!!!!
                        Eh! They supposed to be professional about it. Never mind what the patient wear underneath ... or have bushy hair down there or not.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

And this is according to my mommy...

When my older brother was really young, he bent over and looked between his legs.

About a year later, I was born.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

My wife and I went to Molokai and she rested on one of the birthing stones and nine months later out popped Reyn (#4)
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

During small keiki times while visiting on the Big Island (father's birth island), we were touring with a cousin from the mainland. He didn't have a clue about the Madame Pele curse.

We went to see the volcanoes etc. and my cousin happen to pick up some lava rocks for souvenirs along the way. We didn't know that he took them until we stopped our next stop which was in the middle of a long stretch of nowhere. We rested to stretch our legs and as we got back in the car, my father noticed that my cousin had some lava rocks in the back seat. To our amazement, our rental car would not start.

We flagged down a tourist couple to call for a tow truck and help, but no one returned and it was getting dark by then. My father mentioned that we must have gotten the "curse." So my mother asked my father to walk along the road to return the rocks where some other visible lava rocks are.

He returned, and then my mother said we must pray to Madame Pele and ask for forgiveness. I swear, after we prayed, my father turned the darn key, and the car started. We boogied back to our hotel and never looked back. Shootz, my relatives got stories to tell too that would wop yo jawz.

Comment

Working...
                              X