Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elvis Costello

Originally posted by scrivener
    . If that one song from his forthcoming album is any indication, it's going to kick butt. It was again the highlight of the evening for me:
    Thank you for the review! I agree on "The River in Reverse" being the highlight of the night. I'd kill for an mp3 of that from the first night's show.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace92866
      That might have worked in a smaller venue or if the stage was set up like they do for the opera, with amplifiers built into the set.
      What kind of "amplifiers" are you talking about?

Comment

I found another concert review of Elvis Costello's current tour -- I'm guessing the stop before Honolulu -- on a Mac blog of all things:
        Backed by the San Francisco symphony, Costello's loungey songs were dour, yet he was very droll between. He's obviously a musical genius, but it's like reading late Anthony Burgess -- a lot of work and not much fun.

I've never been a Costello fan, and towards the end I was willing it to be over, but his last piece came so close to being one of the greatest concert moments I've ever experienced, it nearly salvaged what came before. But the audience ruined it.

Comment

Working...
        X