The Next Food Network Star: Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Food Network Star: Season 2

Anyone else keeping up with this? Three episodes down, two finalists removed so far. I was totally in love with Jess Dang, but she was the first to be eliminated.

I think Guy Fieri has the best shot; he obviously knows what he's doing and he seems totally comfortable in front of the camera, and he's got a ton of personality without knocking you over with it. He only needs to learn how to do television, but that seems normal.

I think if this show comes back for a third season, I'd like to enter it. My theme would be "bachelor cooking." I'd focus on stuff you cook quickly or easily or in one pot, or I'd focus on themes, such as "stuff to take to the office potluck," "game day snacks," and "date food."

I really don't have room in my life for appointment television, but I'm hooked!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: The Next Food Network Star: Season 2

Have the winners of either prior season actually appeared as a food network star? I don't think I've seen them yet.

Comment

should i admit that i've seen the three episodes so far?!? i like the fact that they seem genuinely nice to one another, unlike programs like top chef or the apprentice.

i liked the episode with rachael; made me appreciate what they do in front of the cameras while a bunch of stuff's going on!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
        Have the winners of either prior season actually appeared as a food network star? I don't think I've seen them yet.

No. This is a new show this season.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

We like this show a lot. It was really interesting.
          At first we thought Andrew was really so drab and couldn't possibly last. Beth doesn't seem too comfortable before the camera.

I was reading my sister-in-law's back issue of Bon Appetit yesterday, February 2006, and I swear one of the stories had photos of Nathan in it! So if anyone has a this issue and watches the show, could you please confirm?

Guy and Clarisse have it going on for this show. Nathan and Reggie both are pretty good before the camera, too.

I think they should have picked Evette to leave last night. None of the judges have been wowwed by her food yet!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I'm not a 'foodie' so don't watch the Food Network. This show sounds interesting, tho', so I'll check it out next Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

This is the second season of the show - last season's winners will be on the next episode. I didn't watch it last go around but am watching this season. I think Guy is channeling Emeril (which is not a bad thing if you are doing television). I can't predict who'll win this - no obvious standouts to me yet.

Comment

Last year's winners (2 guys) are seen on Saturday mornings as the "Hearty Boys". They prepare noshes for parties (they own a catering business). I don't like their format or their concept (who has the time or the money to entertain anymore?).

As for this season, none of the finalists really catches my fancy (there's not a Rachel, Paula,Tyler or Giada in the bunch ). I especially don't like the bald guy (Nathan?). He comes off as being kinda pretentious and he really lost his cool this week when they tested his ability to deal with obnoxious talk show hosts.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  Last year's winners (2 guys) are seen on Saturday mornings as the "Hearty Boys".
                  Miulang
                  Ah, thank you. I thought part of the gig was that the winner got his/her/their own food tv show but I didn't see them on the network after the end of the Next Food Network Star season.

Comment

Ah, thank you. I thought part of the gig was that the winner got his/her/their own food tv show but I didn't see them on the network after the end of the Next Food Network Star season.
                    You're welcome. Having watched a few episodes of their show, I'll just say that they're not ready for late night TV on the Food Network.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      You're welcome. Having watched a few episodes of their show, I'll just say that they're not ready for late night TV on the Food Network.

Miulang
                      I've found watching Dan and Steve to be excruciating. They seem like nice guys, but they are so nervous it makes me nervous! Whenever there is a closeup on food preparation, you can see their hands tremble.

I think Guy is the frontrunner so far, but I'm not that impressed with any of the contestants from this round.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                        This is the second season of the show - last season's winners will be on the next episode. I didn't watch it last go around but am watching this season. I think Guy is channeling Emeril (which is not a bad thing if you are doing television). I can't predict who'll win this - no obvious standouts to me yet.
                        I stand corrected. I don't know how I missed the first season! I think it's a great glimpse of behind the scenes action at Food TV!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

And if anyone wants my opinion on who the ACTUAL next TV FOOD NETWORK star should be it's

SANTOS LOOS

He's one of the guys in the kitchen. Very quiet, very cool. To me he's the star right beneath their noses!!!!!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                            And if anyone wants my opinion on who the ACTUAL next TV FOOD NETWORK star should be it's

SANTOS LOOS

He's one of the guys in the kitchen. Very quiet, very cool. To me he's the star right beneath their noses!!!!!
                            He is one of Food TV's behind the scene chefs and he really knows what he's doing. Emeril credits Santos with making him look great. He is ultra cool!! See Santos profile.

Comment

I have heard of him, but don't remember seeing him in action. One of the things I hear is that he has a completely wrong-for-television persona -- that he's kinda surly.

I didn't watch any of the first season, but does anyone know if it had appearances by Food Network personalities, as this one does? That's one of my favorite parts of this. Did you see Morimoto and that cucumber? Way cool. Also, I just love me some Sandra Lee...yum!
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X