X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle Wie

Breaking news with her score today, at
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br20p.html

Spoiler added in case you're planning to watch it now on ESPN2.

Michelle Wie made a major impact playing her first major as a professional today, opening with a 6-under-par 66 in the Kraft Nabisco Championship at Mission Hills Country Club.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Michelle Wie

Now on the Star-Bulletin's site at http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4342 .

Comment

Huh. And then
      she's four strokes back. I'd be sayin' "whadda I gotta do to get a lead here?"
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I'll edit out the number, but the Advertiser says:
        "Wie remains (edited) shots back and is among her closest competitors."

Poorly written, Advertiser. Who else would she be among except her closest competitors?!?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          I'll edit out the number, but the Advertiser says:
          "Wie remains (edited) shots back and is among her closest competitors."

Poorly written, Advertiser. Who else would she be among except her closest competitors?!?
          Yeah, um, even if she were in danger of missing the cut, wouldn't she still be among her closest competitors? Silly writing.

Comment

It was announced on CBS today during the Kraft LPGA Masters...
            That the Wie's were building a house in the Desert there.

Goodbye Michelle and Family... Much better tax breaks for you there!

Just remember your roots.

And by the way... as of right now... She's tied for the lead going in to final 9 holes of the tournament.

Comment

Karrie Webb eagled the 18th to take a one-shot lead into the clubhouse, and Michelle missed a birdie by about 2 inches. It would have gotten her into a playoff. Ochoa did birdie to get into the playoff with Webb, but Webb won. Michelle finished tied for third. Nice going.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                It was announced on CBS today during the Kraft LPGA Masters... That the Wie's were building a house in the Desert there.
                Goodbye Michelle and Family... Much better tax breaks for you there!
                Actually, it was announced quite a while back. And it's a "vacation" home and is not going to be their full-time residence. At least, not for a looong time.
                Really enjoyed watching her today! She did us all proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                  Karrie Webb eagled the 18th to take a one-shot lead into the clubhouse, and Michelle missed a birdie by about 2 inches. It would have gotten her into a playoff. Ochoa did birdie to get into the playoff with Webb, but Webb won. Michelle finished tied for third. Nice going.
                  I watched that... back to back great shots by Michelle and Karrie... too bad Karrie's was greater.

Comment

Actually, it was announced quite a while back. And it's a "vacation" home and is not going to be their full-time residence. At least, not for a looong time.
                    Really enjoyed watching her today! She did us all proud.
                    Yep! Michelle did us all PROUD! Congrats Michelle Wie! Yo go girl!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm pretty PO'd at the Advertiser's coverage, because the teaser on today's front page reads Wie falls short, again.

Gee, all she did was get third place in a Major tournament.
                      All she did was lose this Major by just one stroke. (And that was because of Webb's miracle eagle on the very last hole.)
                      All she did was beat the best female golfer (Annika Sorenstam) by a whopping six strokes.
                      All she's done recently is six Top Three finishes in her last nine tournaments, and half of those six were in Majors tournaments.
                      All of that, and she's still a child (basically), going up against professional women. She's barely 16. She's still a junior in high school.
                      What Michelle has done is nothing short of amazing.
                      And all the Advertiser can say is "Wie falls short, again"?!?
                      A**holes.

Comment

Agree with LikaNui that the way the Advertiser presented the article was NOT very supportive of Michelle. It's not like she didn't try her best, and that was her first major since she turned pro...well her critics will always be critics no matter how well she does or doesn't do. Good for Karrie Webb, she had lucky shots and made the most of them.
                        Retired Senior Member

Comment

I'm pretty PO'd at the Advertiser's coverage, because the teaser on today's front page reads Wie falls short, again.
                          [...]
                          It appears the Advertiser either read this thread or heard from others who also feel as you rightfully do. The updated teaser reads Wie so close once again!

Comment

Thanks for the input, Mocha and Tutu.

And Tutu: LOVE your new avatar!!!

Comment

OMG Tutu, you really do need to try and use your umbrella more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X