Sailing video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailing video

Okay, it's San Francisco, not Hawai`i, but still... http://homepage.mac.com/benjaminmarc...Theater21.html
    (And a couple of other videos on that page are pretty kewl too.)
    Enjoy!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Sailing video

cool, taaaanx!

some here too... scroll down to movies....

http://stardustsail.com/stardustmovies.html

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      some here too... scroll down to movies....
      http://stardustsail.com/stardustmovies.html
      Ooooh, good ones, Kimo! Even our non-sailing friends will enjoy the sunrise in movie #1 at that link.
      Did they get any video in the Molokai Channel? And were you on board for T-Pac with them? Cuz I noticed the producer on that link was listed as, you know... you.
      (high five for a job well done)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        were you on board for T-Pac with them? Cuz I noticed the producer on that link was listed as, you know... you.
        (high five for a job well done)
        taaanx mucho, but cannot take too much credit fo da kine;

I just took their video VHS copy and transferred it digitally, into my mac, cleaned it up, edited it, compressed it, hacked up a wikiwikiwackee web site and put up the footage on the pages you saw...

More sailing vids coming soon on my site. and a dvd too. wheee.

Comment

Wanna see two 70' yachts training for a race around the world? Check out the 2-1/2 minute video at http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/media/06/0410/ and you'll see why we love sailing!

Comment

Whoa That was choice!

They were flying and the music was cool too.

Really glad that I could watch this video. You see, the one's that say I have to download plugins won't work for me. I've tried downloading a couple of times and they seem to get lost during the transporter transmition from space.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I learned to sail on SF Bay and outside the Golden Gate......cold, scary, and thrilling as anything youve ever done

Big Boats - if you ever get the chance to sail on one, go for it.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                I learned to sail on SF Bay and outside the Golden Gate......cold, scary, and thrilling as anything youve ever done

That's the one thing about California waters, much colder than one might expect.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                  Indeed. Been there, done that, got the t-shirts (and crew shirts and Mount Gay caps and various battle scars). I recall one race where we were trying to sail out of the Bay. Doing 8 or 9 knots with full sail, heeled over and flying... backwards, thanks to an incoming tide. Had to drop anchor and wait for the tide to change.
                  But you want "scary and thrilling", try surfing at 25 knots down the Molokai Channel on an ultralight 70 at night with no moon, just a few hundred yards off the windward side of Molokai. Add in 15- to 20-foot waves and 30+ knots of wind, then getting dismasted within sight of the rocks. Throw up a jury rig, sail out of danger, and still end up first in class. (Cheval, TransPac '95).

Oh yeah. Click here for a two-minute video abour the maxi-catamaran "Orange" sailing at 36 knots.
                  Last edited by LikaNui; April 18, 2006, 08:33 AM.

Comment

That's fantastic.
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

It's not a video (per this thread title), but you can see three pages of exquisite photos of big classic sailing yachts racing in Antigua last week by clicking here.

Comment

CNN has a 1:37 video of a 47' sailboat on the rocks in England. Apparently it was a brand new boat and the buyer was an amateur sailor; he let his girlfriend take the helm and WHAM they hit the rocks and had to be rescued.
                        To see the video click here. (There might be a 30-second Listerine commercial before the video starts. Sorry.)

Comment

More money than sense is how I'd describe that owner.

Comment

BTW: Christopher ("Sailing") Cross turns 55 today.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              BTW: Christopher ("Sailing") Cross turns 55 today.
                              A big Hau`oli La Hanau to him. I wonder if he celebrates in Cinco De Mayo mode?
                              Which leads me to point out that one of the main reasons I celebrate Christmas day is that it's Jimmy Buffett's birthday.

Comment

Working...
                              X