• Show
Clear All

Re: Sailing video

Here's something I found this morning:

For those of you who crave more sailing on TV, OLN has come to the
    rescue. At 4:30 pm EDT this coming Sunday, OLN will air a show produced
    and narrated by Gary Jobson about the 286-boat Acura Key West 2006. But
    the televised sailing action actually starts a half hour earlier. At
    4:00 pm EDT OLN will show a 30-minute program on the Volvo Ocean Race.
    And that’s just the first show in a series of four programs on the Volvo
    Ocean Race -- all of which will be aired on successive Sunday
    afternoons. (Program 2 - 5/14, 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm; Program 3 - 5/21, 4:30
    pm - 5:00 pm; Program 4, 5/28, 4:30 - 5:00). --
    http://www.jobsonsailing.com/tvsched.cfm &
    http://tinyurl.com/fckrw

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

and of course on o our fave magz is coming out with its own TV show soon....

http://www.latsandatts.net/

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        and of course on o our fave magz is coming out with its own TV show soon.... http://www.latsandatts.net/
        Kimo, it's not coming out soon -- their show is now beginning its third season on cable TV. I don't think we get it here, though. Darn it.
        (Side note: I've known Bob B. from way back when he was Publisher/Editor of "Easy Rider" magazine. One helluva nice guy. Glad to see that "Latitudes & Attitudes" magazine is doing so well for him and Jody.)

Comment

you know him. cool. he pops into keehi and la mariana as often as he can. let's all meet if can!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            you know him. cool. he pops into keehi and la mariana as often as he can. let's all meet if can!
            Will do. They usually keep "Lost Soul" (newly refurbished, as you probably know) out at Ko Olina whenever they sail over. Last time we spoke (couple of months ago) they didn't have any plans to come over and instead are hoping to cruise Lost Soul to the Caribbean and the Med.
            Have you met him before? He's about 6'4" or 6'5" and maybe 280 pounds, covered with tattoos, and looks like someone's worst nightmare of a Hell's Angel, but he's actually very soft-spoken, one of the gentlest and sweetest people I've ever met, he's great with little kids, and he's a very talented jewelry designer as well. Hail fellow well met, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              Will do. They usually keep "Lost Soul" (newly refurbished, as you probably know) out at Ko Olina whenever they sail over.
              dass wheah we steh.

A good friend of mine owns the yacht with the tallest mast here at Koolina. Gotta lotta sailing footage from this harbor, which, being a new development, is fairly antiseptic, but it's fun to see the varied boats and the huge Koolina cat silently glide by occasionally.

Comment

Yea I'd like to meet Bob of Lattitudes and Attitudes. I figure meeting Likanui next is on the menu and of course getting back together and out on the ocean with our own worse nightmare, I mean cuddlely sweet guy Kimo55 and MadAzza is a must! I'd really like to try. What you guys doing this Sunday? I'll PM ya.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Hey maybe even meeting up at La Marianas?! This Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                    I figure meeting Likanui next is on the menu
                    I'm on a menu? Kimo must've forgotten to tell you: no cannibals on the boat.

and of course getting back together and out on the ocean (...) What you guys doing this Sunday? I'll PM ya.
                    No can, darn it. Duty calls, and duty provides a paycheck.
                    Someday soon, though!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      I'm on a menu? Kimo must've forgotten to tell you: no cannibals on the boat. Mrs. Menehune is Fijian. I've learned the finer points of Cannibalism from her. HaHa!

No can, darn it. Duty calls, and duty provides a paycheck.
                      Someday soon, though!

Okay, that's cool. Hope we can meet up soon.

Comment

This one may not be as exciting, but I stumbled across it.

Rare Bird sailing in 15 knot winds out of Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia.
                        Here's the VIDEO

Really not exciting when the video can't be found... oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                          This one may not be as exciting, but I stumbled across it.
                          Maybe not "exciting" but still cool. Interesting swiveling boom/mast configuration. Interesting rake in the masthead. (For you non-sailors, it's not a garden rake, it's the bend in the mast at the top. )

Really not exciting when the video can't be found... oh well.
                          I got the "page not found" message too, but cliked on the link to their main page at http://www.harryproa.com/ and then clicked on the link for the video, which is right here.
                          Thanks, MM!
                          Last edited by LikaNui; May 6, 2006, 07:01 AM.

Comment

(Deleted. Somehow my message posted twice.)
                            Last edited by LikaNui; May 6, 2006, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks Likanui for fixing that! You must be "The Skipper" to my "Gilligan"! HaHa!

Comment

Here's a VIDEO

Of how to help right-(Correct a boat's posture) a little sailboat!

Luckily for me the small boats that I've capsized, could be righted by myself.

My very first sailboat was a homebuilt(plywood/fiberglass) 12' Laser. I asked a few questions on sailing and was off to circumnavigate the globe. Well, I learned that if the breeze is too stong, you let out(loosen) the sail. Okay now that works fine unless the wind is coming from behind. I was getting allittle scared and let out the sail which just caught all the wind, lifting the boat up and out of the water and of course capsizing! Lesson learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X