Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I don't believe

misguided in the finger pointing

finger pointing brings a notion of responsibility with it....highlighting individuals is the key to solving group problems.

perhaps the truth is that everybody in the DOE, HSTA, are all doing a fine job

perhaps the truth is that anybody who sticks their head out might spill their rice bowl
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I don't believe...

Timkona (HT nickname) will ever get elected to anything he runs for if he continues on the way he currently does. He got voted down once before without anyone knowing what he is about...and now he's opening his mouth on HT w/out realizing who might be reading.

This is my "I don't believe thread" isn't it?
      Last edited by damontucker; April 5, 2006, 11:22 PM. Reason: Don't feel the need to get into it w/ a lost cause

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        Timkona (HT nickname) will ever get elected to anything he runs for if he continues on the way he currently does. He got voted down once before without anyone knowing what he is about...and now he's opening his mouth on HT w/out realizing who might be reading.
        This clown actually tried running for political office in Hawaii? You've got to be kidding. He'd better hide his true beliefs if he wants to run for any office again.

Comment

He'd better hide his true beliefs if he wants to run for any office again.

I learned, by running for council, that the voters have no interest whatsoever in the truth. Thanks Paul for verifying this.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            I learned, by running for council, that the voters have no interest whatsoever in the truth.
            Well, that's not exactly correct. The voters showed that they have no interest in your version of the truth, apparently.
            Something for you to think about.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              Well, that's not exactly correct. The voters showed that they have no interest in your version of the truth, apparently.
              Something for you to think about.
              Which doesn't mean your version is any more wrong or right than mine, Timkona - just that your version resonates with a minority of voters in your area.
              Remember, my "truth" and your "truth" are often different perspectives of the same thing (see "Rashomon") - and both are colored by our lives and experiences, so I don't think "truth" is the best word to describe our values and opinions. So, in my opinion, you should stop describing your opinions as "truth," and stop negating ("politics of NO?") anyone whose values differ from yours.
              You need to respect others, in order to gain respect from them. Or votes.

Comment

I hate to say it, but there is some truth to what Tim Kona has to say.
                I've lived here my entire life,born and raised. I'm very tired of the typical
                politics as usual gig that always happens here. Yes Tim Kona is blunt
                and too honest about most things. But it seems no one wants to deal or
                listen to the real realities effecting Hawaii today. I've read what people
                have written in response to what he has written over time. It seems
                people are really quick in burning him down, but less quick in wanting to talk
                about the realities of what is going on here in Hawaii.

just my .25 for today.
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

I think many of the elements of the message are true, but I'm not sure if the delivery of that message is one that persuades very many people to change their minds or want to react positively. In order to be successful, you not only have to have a truthful message, but you have to couch it in terms that allow others to feel like they have come to the same conclusions themselves, not try to hit them over the head with a sledgehammer and say just because you disagree with me, YOU'RE the one who's always wrong. The world, unfortunately, is not always so black and white, and the gift/art is to be able to differentiate between the different shades of gray.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    I think many of the elements of the message are true, but I'm not sure if the delivery of that message is one that persuades very many people to change their minds or want to react positively.[...]Miulang
                    Bingo! Tact and diplomacy go a lot further than a sledgehammer.

Comment

I think many of the elements of the message are true, but I'm not sure if the delivery of that message is one that persuades very many people to change their minds or want to react positively.
                      Yes, you are absolutely right. But on the flip side it seems Tim gets hammered
                      for telling the truth. I've learned in my life, the truth hurts.It sems there is
                      a lot of people content to see the world through rosy colored glasses than deal
                      with reality.
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                        Yes, you are absolutely right. But on the flip side it seems Tim gets hammered
                        for telling the truth. I've learned in my life, the truth hurts.It sems there is
                        a lot of people content to see the world through rosy colored glasses than deal
                        with reality.
                        If people choose not to believe that something is the truth, then let them suffer the consequences of their choices. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

If people choose not to believe that something is the truth, then let them suffer the consequences of their choices. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Miulang
                          Well that wasn't exactly point, but I was trying to extrapolate to like how ineffective,corrupt,bureaucratic the government in Hawaii is overall. It seems
                          most people are content with the status quo. Hence my comment seeing the
                          world through rosy colored glasses.
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Well that wasn't exactly point, but I was trying to extrapolate to like how ineffective,corrupt,bureaucratic the government in Hawaii is overall. It seems
                            That's kind of an oxymoronic statement. To me, MOST of government, regardless the level or the location, is corrupt in some way. Some governments are just more corrupt and allowed to get away with more than others (e.g., the White House ). And if we allow our National Government to run amuck, why should we expect lesser legislators not to do the same? Particularly in this society, where most people believe it's someone else's problem to fix, not their own.

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; April 6, 2006, 06:55 PM.

Comment

That's kind of an oxymoronic statement. To me, MOST of government, regardless the level or the location, is corrupt in some way. Some governments are just more corrupt and allowed to get away with more than others (e.g., the White House ). And if we allow our National Government to run amuck, why should we expect lesser legislators not to do the same? Particularly in this society, where most people believe it's someone else's problem to fix, not their own.

Miulang
                              Well put... and I would say our Government meaning Federal is less corrupt then
                              the majority of the nations out there just by the benefit of our Founding Fathers...
                              who were at the time... The Richest of the Rich.

They wrote the constitution which has burned many a politician since.

I can't think of any other country that has a constitution, less yet that has been so heavily protected over the years.
                              Last edited by damontucker; April 6, 2006, 07:05 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

You sure you don't mean blurry red eyes?

Comment

Working...
                                X