I don't believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I don't believe

Most of what Tim has posted is his opinion reflective of a very conservative point of view. Show me one thing he has posted that is absolutely true. It's not his bluntess but his arrogance that most people don't like about him.
    Last edited by Paul; April 7, 2006, 07:09 AM.

Comment

You folks are all too kind....thanks Aaron, Craig, Paul, Miulang, etc etc. I truly enjoy this forum.

In West Hawaii, the voters voted for Pilago, Isbell, and Jacobson over Rathman, Rosner, and Bates. Can you imagine if 3 grumpy, surly, cantankerous, beligerant(sp), foulmouthed, 6', 230 lb, smart guys were roaming the halls of Hawaii County Government?

Guarantee the old boy network of Hilo breathed a sigh of relief when Kona voted for 3 feel good, liberal, softies. I don't believe that Kona is getting exactly what they wanted from the folks they voted to the council. LOL

And I will try to tone down the arrogance and the truth telling so as to offend less in this forum.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I don't believe that I'm very conservative. I'm more of a RepubliCRAT. Why can't we have prayer in schools AND gay marriage?

Why can't we have a REAL war on terror by strangling Arab nations with technologies that don't require fossil fuels, instead of sucking the Arab oil-pipe like a 2 bit hooker on nickel night?

What's the problem with a CHOICE? Whether it's babies or criminals?

Why can't we build a bigolstinky aluminum smelter to promote recycling?

RepubliCRAT all the way.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Just to be sure we're clear on this point:

I don't dislike Timkona; I don't even know anything about the man beyond what his postings say. His knowledge of the political scene in his region, by rights, must go way beyond mine.

I don't want him to stop posting, either - whether or not I agree with him, I want to read what he has to say.

I take issue with the way he presents his viewpoints sometimes, using the word "truth" to define personal perspective, and deriding others for presenting their own (by his definition) "truths" - with which I would also find fault.

I sincerely hope he doesn't feel I am attacking HIM - just the way he presents his message by tearing other people's opinions down (sometimes.) If he wants to change something about his style based on what I have said, that's wonderful. But if not, that's fine, too. I won't think any more or less about him for it, and I suspect he isn't losing sleep over my opinions, either.

Comment

true dat.
            NO one knows "the truth", by nature a very subjective thing.
            azz why I take exception to newspapers across our nation proclaiming in their mission statement; "we convey and offer the truth."
            No; newspapers hopefully give us the facts.
            The truth? noooo way hoe zay!

We can know "facts" but absolute truth? nope.
            Last edited by kimo55; April 7, 2006, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              The truth, I can handle just fine.

It's with personal opinions professing to be "the truth" - that's where I have a problem.

Be it politics, religion, whatever - don't try to force-feed me your beliefs or values. You can present them to me as your own perspective, and I'll listen respectfully - you might even get me to change my mind about something, or see your point of view more clearly.

But start deriding me for having a different opinion than you, and you have just shut the door on reasonable discourse.
              Ya know, I've noticed lately that people of a certain political persuasion on HT will *say* that ... but only as it relates to TimKona or others with whom they disagree. When those on the far left call *their* opinions as "truth," that doesn't seem to bother alla y'all … at all.

Same with the people who say, "Don't shove your values down my throat" — then they do the same thing, and expect taxpayers to cover it!
              Last edited by MadAzza; April 7, 2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                Most of what Tim has posted is his opinion reflective of a very conservative point of view. Show me one thing he has posted that is absolutely true. It's not his bluntess but his arrogance that most people don't like about him.
                You don't speak for "most people." And you sure as hell don't speak for me.

Oooh, Tim's "conservative"! Why, that mean old BOOGEYMAN!

Eeeeeeeek! Hide the children!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  When those on the far left call *their* opinions as "truth," that doesn't seem to bother alla y'all … at all.
                  Thanks for pointing that out.

Please note that my complaints have been about how opinions are presented as "truths," or judged as "right/wrong" - qualifiers that should not be applied to opinions. Not so much about the opinions themselves, be they left, right, center, or not on the scale at all.

But I don't think you can say "alla y'all" --- there are certainly those on HT who will debate the points presented from the left side, too. It seems there are fewer posters here who tilt to the right, and some have pointed out their fear of being shouted down for their different opinions - which is why I have noted that neither perspective can be called "truth."

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                    And I will try to tone down the arrogance and the truth telling so as to offend less in this forum.
                    Do not do that, it will play into their hands. I for one appreciate what you write
                    even though I may not agree with it.
                    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                      I don't think Tim's views are conservative, they are simply middle of the road
                      view..Republicrat..which I fall into too. Gimme a break about showing evidence
                      what Tim is saying is true. I betcha I could, but I don't want to waste my time
                      doing that just to satisfy you. If you can't handle the heat get the **** out
                      of the kitchen.
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Guarantee the old boy network of Hilo breathed a sigh of relief when Kona voted for 3 feel good, liberal, softies. I don't believe that Kona is getting exactly what they wanted from the folks they voted to the council. LOL
                        Exactly we got screwed, big time. I would figure things would be much more better if you got elected instead of Isbell.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

solly cholly.
                          that's a redundancy.
                          they are one and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            solly cholly.
                            that's a redundancy.
                            they are one and the same.
                            Only if you disagree.

Stop compelling me to repeat myself!

Comment

Arrogance....what an interesting concept

In school, it was arrogant to score straight A's.

In adulthood, it is arrogant to be certain of the answer, or to say "I told you so" when things go wrong against your advice.

I find often that those who would paint others as arrogant are stupid.

I don't believe I have never accused anybody of arrogance, or been offended by arrogant behavior.

Truth and logic leave little room for gray areas. It is the gray area that the ignorant cling to like a life raft in a calm sea, within swimming distance of the shoreline.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                                Stop compelling me to repeat myself!
                                Mandrake gestures hypnotically...

Comment

Working...
                                X