This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch This! Web Video Finds

Thanks to sites like YouTube, passing around fun, wacky, weird, or otherwise notable video clips is easier than ever. No more clogging your friends' inboxes with 30MB Windows Media clips that rarely work. Free media hosting and Flash players make it easy to share the joy of "Star Wars Kid" or "Numa Numa" (Google 'em if you somehow missed 'em).

So here's a thread to post your latest "check this out" online video finds... or even better, your own video creations.

I'll start. Here's a couple of clips I made this week about Chinatown and Fort Street Mall. It's for a project called "Videoblogging Week," where folks post a video a day for a week. My friend Roxanne is also participating, but she was already posting video daily. Me? I think I'm running out of steam already.

Not cool enough for you? How about a current international favorite: Urban Ninja.

Re: Watch This! Web Video Finds

Still waiting for the chinatown video to be downloaded so I can see the whole thing without stopping and starting up once again (I guess I have a slow connection).

I posted this in the wrong forum so I'll post it here.

I just received this link this morning. Check it out.

http://marketplace.espeakers.com/mo...=5290&aid=10558
    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
      Still waiting for the chinatown video to be downloaded so I can see the whole thing without stopping and starting up once again (I guess I have a slow connection).
      I probably have a slow server, too. Note that on that page, I have links to where the video is crossposted to other sites -- including YouTube, BlipTV, and (after a day or two delay) the Internet Archive and Google Video. The YouTube link might be good, since it's a low-bandwidth flash presentation. Grainy, but less waiting.

Comment

Got to see your Chinatown and Fort Street Mall videos. Interesting sights. I was impressed with the video quality too. Good Job Ryan.
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Not cool enough for you? How about a current international favorite: Urban Ninja.
          I gotta get onta yertube... using up all my alloted space!

http://tikitv.com/showch.html

Comment

I love the Video of Chinatown. Of course, I would. I must do the same to show the true story of the Silent Community/Night Life that exists in Chinatown. Know anyone or company that rents what you got? Nah, I'll buy one. It's about time I do. I'll talk to you at the Picnic.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

urban ninja stuff was awsome i think it surpasses the french le parkour guys
              808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
              kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
              http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Ooh, I got one good one for you people who likes to laugh: Rex Navarette. Funny filipino comedian. That particular scene has a reporter interviewing the main guy of SBC packers (say it with a filipino accent).

I'm now on a quest to get that particular segment on a DVD.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Not mine: Babies laughing. Found it on Google Video by chance. There were several copies, so I imagine it was clipped out of America's Funniest Home Videos or something. Still, it's hard to watch that and not smile.

Mine: Days three and four are the Nuuanu Pali Lookout and Magic Island. A friend of mine supplied the song for the second video. Now to come up with three more things to document... or only two if I use our picnic on Sunday for the last day!

Comment

"a few warning signs" up at da pali lookout Ryan?

wow. these sewage spills are everywhere!

Comment

Not mine: Babies laughing. Found it on Google Video by chance. There were several copies, so I imagine it was clipped out of America's Funniest Home Videos or something. Still, it's hard to watch that and not smile.

Mine: Days three and four are the Nuuanu Pali Lookout and Magic Island. A friend of mine supplied the song for the second video. Now to come up with three more things to document... or only two if I use our picnic on Sunday for the last day!

Good job....Nice blog
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

me too!

i agree!

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                          Good job....Nice blog
                          Ditto! Ryan, you never cease to amaze me!

Comment

Hmm maybe i should offer video blogging on my site... I have like a terabyte of bandwidth and am hardly using any of it at the moment.... I guess I'll take it in steps and release the audio blogging first......

in any case the babies laughing make you smile no matter how hard you try to resist
                            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Whew. I survived "Videoblogging Week 2006." I'm glad it only comes around once a year. Here are the last three entries, the last of which you've probably seen posted elsewhere. They are, "Aloha Friday," "Auto Show," and "HawaiiThreads Picnic." Again, if the streaming from my site is too slow, try some of the alternate links.

My friend Roxanne also finished seven videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X