X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Watch This! Web Video Finds

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Finally have an opportunity to share another of my own little video creations:
    Go! doesn't prohibit electronic devices on take-off and landings?

Comment

[...]I hope you enjoy a small glimpse of what it's like to fly on go![...][/URL].
      Very cool, PZ. You're gettin' real good at this video thingie!!! Ok...the script supervisor in me has one question! The opening, exterior footage at the airport...is that, perhaps, stock PZ footage? It's night and you take off in daylight!!!! Or did you arrive in the dark awaiting an early morning flight?

Does Katie still have the same passion for airplanes that she had a few years ago? I remember you taking her to Lagoon Dr. just to watch take-offs! Heh. My 3 grandsons have a passion for construction. They can sit for hours across the street from a construction site and not get bored!

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        Go! doesn't prohibit electronic devices on take-off and landings?
        I heard that's discretionary according to the airliner.

also see this;

http://commdocs.house.gov/committees...w106-102_1.HTM

Comment

The opening, exterior footage at the airport...is that, perhaps, stock PZ footage? It's night and you take off in daylight!!!! Or did you arrive in the dark awaiting an early morning flight?
          yea, director! Continuity error extreme!

Comment

A digital camera is an electric device?

Okay, so I'm a menace to society. When I was taking the clips inside the ticketing area, a big loud tourist asked me in a big loud way, "You're not going to sell that stuff to Al Qaeda are ya? That's what I'd be asking!"

As for continuity... c'mon, don't you know the new face of media, the TIME Person of the Year, is all about authenticity, reality, to hell with production values and talent? Seriously, though, yes, we did leave for the airport before 6 a.m. to catch a 7:20 a.m. flight, so you actually see the morning progress from darkness to sunlight. I thought it was a nice bonus, personally.

And yes, Tutusue, the kids still love airplanes. Katie can pretty much identify every logo and livery scheme out there. It was a huge thrill for them to be out on the tarmac. I wrote up our short flight here.

Comment

[...]yes, we did leave for the airport before 6 a.m. to catch a 7:20 a.m. flight, so you actually see the morning progress from darkness to sunlight. I thought it was a nice bonus, personally.[...]
              Well, as I mentioned, the script supervisor in me took over! Plus, anyone with 3 little ones who willingly is on the road before 6am is...well...that obviously wasn't my first thought! Dang continuity...maybe I'll get over it someday!

Comment

spoiled girl

If that was my kid, then I'd slap her for being that way.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Guy tries to order everything on the McDonald's Menu

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
                    I heard that's discretionary according to the airliner.
                    That may be correct, but all the ones I've been on ban it during take-off and landing when there is little margin for error. Most of them allow some devices once they reach cruse. I was surprised by JAL's they wouldn't let me use my cell phone while the plane was on the ground and the door was still open.

I'm curious what Go!s policy is.

Comment

>That may be correct, but all the ones I've been on ban it during take-off and landing
                      the local island to island ones? really?!

>I'm curious what Go!s policy is.
                      I quote their web site mission statement;
                      "give us yer money, do whatcha want, we don't care about anything but putting yer kama'aina planes outta binizz."

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
                        >That may be correct, but all the ones I've been on ban it during take-off and landing
                        the local island to island ones? really?!
                        Yup. At least the last time I flew.

Comment

• thoughts on this video

Amazing on what we perceive as beauty and how technology fools us on what is real and what isn't

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXaZDZKg4...elated&search=

And this from Dove regarding the Dove Self-Esteem fund.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FQaOABvHo...elated&search=
                          Last edited by craigwatanabe; January 12, 2007, 01:22 AM.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

lady doesn't know that her car won't fit in a space a few inches smaller than the car

And man, they have a lot of small cars there.

that reminds me: I gotta learn to parallel park with my car - shouldn't be that hard

Comment

Honda Accord stripped in under 7 minutes

What's even worse, is that I see that the strippers are wearing Allstate shirts. Its comforting that my insurance company knows how to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                                lady doesn't know that her car won't fit in a space a few inches smaller than the car

And man, they have a lot of small cars there.

that reminds me: I gotta learn to parallel park with my car - shouldn't be that hard

I liked this one better. Not as painful to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2x1QEWW40&NR
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X