No announcement yet.

Will Couric's jump to CBS help KGMB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Couric's jump to CBS help KGMB?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42767553/?GT1=43001

Why didn't it work?

Comment

I think Couric is fine if its in a setting that made her famous like the
      TODAY SHOW. Most of the morning news shows are soft and features related which suits her style. I think she also works better with people on the set with her and wonder if the rumors are true about her reuniting with Matt Lauer to do a syndicated talk show? I think that would do well as they work well together.

Comment

My noob opinion is Katie failed because she didn't connect with her audience.

I liked her when she did the morning show...warm, easygoing and always smiling.

That smile vanished when she did the nightly news.

To me, she came across as cold and serious.

Had she managed to keep her warmth and had she smiled from time to time, I think she might have lasted.

Compare her with Diane Sawyer. I'd rather watch Diane over Katie.

Katie was almost robotic in her delivery. No spark. No life.

Hence, no viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
          My noob opinion is Katie failed because she didn't connect with her audience. I liked her when she did the morning show...warm, easygoing and always smiling. That smile vanished when she did the nightly news. To me, she came across as cold and serious.

Had she managed to keep her warmth and had she smiled from time to time, I think she might have lasted. Compare her with Diane Sawyer. I'd rather watch Diane over Katie. Katie was almost robotic in her delivery. No spark. No life.

Hence, no viewers.
          I have to agree with this wholeheartedly! I was actually a little shocked that CBS News producers allowed this to continue day in and day out. Where were the behind-the-scenes “consultants” (gasp! ) when you needed them? Katie became a different person when she did the CBS News. It is ofcourse, more serious then the fluff stuff she was used to doing. But that doesn’t mean you change the general personality that got you high ratings in the first place. She seemed really uncomfortable.

I respect Rick Kaplan (executive producer) who has a bang-up résumé. But seriously, I hope Couric comes out with a tell-all book. Because if it was Katie’s handlers shaping her on-camera persona (as is most likely the case), they did a lousy job.
          Last edited by TuNnL; April 27, 2011, 11:50 PM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            I have to agree with this wholeheartedly! I was actually a little shocked that CBS News producers allowed this to continue day in and day out. Where were the behind-the-scenes “consultants” (gasp! ) when you needed them? Katie became a different person when she did the CBS News. It is ofcourse, more serious then the fluff stuff she was used to doing. But that doesn’t mean you change the general personality that got you high ratings in the first place. She seemed really uncomfortable.

I respect Rick Kaplan (executive producer) who has a bang-up résumé. But seriously, I hope Couric comes out with a tell-all book. Because if it was Katie’s handlers shaping her on-camera persona (as is most likely the case), they did a lousy job.
            Agreed about Katie looking uncomfortable.

As a result, I was also uncomfortable watching her news delivery.

Comment

http://www.inquisitr.com/1499139/kat...on-today-show/

Mean girl!

Comment

Working...
              X