Last name "Ainokea"?

Comment

Re: Who have you met in person from HT?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      who da heck is tutuEsue?[...]
      Same person you refer to as 'tutue'!

Comment

oh the guys like to throw stones from glass houses!

@
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Slight variation on "met in person," but in what I've been told is typical for Hawai`i (quickly figuring out who you know in common, usually about two degrees of separation rather than six), all within about a 24-hour period, I learned:

> one of my radio co-hosts in Seattle, also a beloved kumu hula in this area, is related by marriage to manoasurfer123;
          > 1stwahine's niece is a woman I've met, and who has provided much kokua to our hula halau;
          > there's a slim chance that I saw MadAzza's band perform live about twenty years ago;
          > and koloagirl's kumu hula is someone who came to teach as a special guest at our halau a couple years back, and who I've performed on stage with.

Comment

That's so cool. Next time there's a gathering of HT'ers in the PNW I'd love to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
              That's so cool. Next time there's a gathering of HT'ers in the PNW I'd love to show up.
              While we've never tried to do any kind of "official" gathering, it looks like there may be a handful of us at the Kalama Days celebration in Kalama (WA) on August 19, especially at the concert in the park that night, featuring Bill Tapia, Mihana, Brittni Paiva, and Hema Pa`a (Chris Kamaka & Baba Alimoot.) You can PM me, if you'd like additional info.

Comment

Nobody!

But, I know where to find at least one HTer and that I am related to at least one other HTer! I also was in college at the same time as at least four other HTers, and I have probably met several others due to work stuff, but damned if I can remember any of their faces.

pax

Comment

Let's see...I didn't know who HT's Lurkah was for several months, 'til he PM'd me! We met at a birthday party in the 90s...when he had another screen name!

I met Kimo online about 10 years ago when he lived in California. He had an author friend who, thru Kimo, I was able to help my friend, a bookstore manager, arrange an autograph session!

Creative1 and I met at a celebration of life for a mutual friend a couple of years ago...and learned that his mom and my dad worked together at Looney Tunes during the late 30s. But that's already documented on HT, somewhere!!!

Then, there's winp and Keanu; both recent "Ahas". And, both work related. I've known PZ and Kilinahe for years, pre-babies, and used to dance with PZ's dad at the Kahala Hilton's Maile Lounge! Oh, those were the good ol' days! And, PZ, Sr. wasn't married at the time so...no rumors, 'kay?! Albert and I go way back to the ACH Lynch Mob/Gordon Biersch days! Mid 90s, iirc. Helen, too! I've even witnessed a few very cool rocket launches! There are also some ex-SCHers here <wave!>; some of us going back to the first day of the newsgroup!

Then there's the HT picnic where it's always fun to put a face with a screen name AND a real name. Ditto for the HT lunches altho' I've only been able to attend one. And, I've bumped into MadAzza around town. Not difficult to do 'cuz we work 2 blocks apart!

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. If I did I'll blame it on...ummm...what should I blame it on this time? Age! That's it!

Speaking of work...I'd best batten down the hatches in preparation for 35 kidlets due in this afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    I go way back to the ACH Lynch Mob/Gordon Biersch days! Mid 90s,
                    what was all that brouhaha when they were banned from GB back then?

Comment

That reminds me... I ran into Albert the Panther downtown yesterday. It's been a while since we've heard from him here. And since I've been able to spend any time with him.

He said he was downtown for lunch. First thing he did was pat me on the stomach and say, "Well, you'vecertainly been eating something!" That guy...

Comment

Auntie Lynn and Scrivner are the only two I've so far met.
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

"Well, you'vecertainly been eating something!" That guy...
                          You get 3 kids... that's three extra plates to finish up when they no eat their food...!

Comment

Madazza and I lived in the same neighborhood in the mainland at the same time, Good old Fairhaven!!! (I just found this out )
                            I didn't know her, She's a few years older than me, and was much cooler than I ever was back then as she rocked at a tavern that was known for up and coming bands while I was still learning how to type!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              Madazza and I lived in the same neighborhood in the mainland at the same time, Good old Fairhaven!!! (I just found this out )
                              Fairhaven, eh? When is the last time either of you has been back to visit? It's still about the only place in Bellingham to be, with one of the best bookstore/cafe combinations around. From Seattle, I can take the train to B'ham, walk a few blocks up from the station to Fairhaven, and spend the weekend - no need to drive.

Comment

Left in 93... will be back this summer for my 20th reunion!

I have heard it has changed big time since I have left... but I'm still looking forward to going back.

(will be flying into Seattle with the ohana... maybe we can meet up for a few Leo!)

Comment

Working...
                                X