Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who have you met in person from HT?

I met Auntie Lynn.

Is there another HT get together in the making? Looks like it was fun and something I missed out on.

Comment

Can add Bard & Olivia to my list now - thanks for coming to Kalama Days!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        what was all that brouhaha when they were banned from GB back then?
        Banned? This is news to me. I do remember that the group had given the manager of the place a proclamation about the ACH Lynch Mob. Was even framed on the wall for some time. After about a few months it was taken down.

As far as met in person due to HawaiiThreads that would include 1stwahine, AbsolutChaos, Serenity, speedtek and cezanne.

Anybody else I do know here on HawaiiThreads that I met was from during the times of alt.culture.hawaii, soc.culture.hawaii or HawaiiStories as well as from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Can add Bard & Olivia to my list now - thanks for coming to Kalama Days!
          Yes, nice to meet both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
            I met Auntie Lynn.

Is there another HT get together in the making? Looks like it was fun and something I missed out on.
            There was some talk of some folks getting together on Sept. 2nd at Duke's in Waikiki - Auntie Lynn was the one who posted info but haven't heard if anyone is going to follow through on it.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Cran suppose to make reservations? I'm still interested in going. Anybody else...lets start taking a head count.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You can revive the earlier event planning thread, or start a new one to give it a clean slate. Personally, I think it should still be named after Manoa, for the hell of it.

As for HT members I've met, still too many to remember, but always never enough. I think we may also be overdue for a spontaneous lunch gathering.
                Last edited by pzarquon; August 22, 2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

arg!!!!!!!!

I knew there was a reason behind Manoas get together getting revived

As far as whom I have met... well I can count up to at least 15 - 20!

Comment

I could have sworn there was a more recently active thread about chance encounters with HTers, but I can't find it so I guess I'm resurrecting this one. I finally got to meet the elusive Shave Ice Saturday afternoon. I'd heard from a friend about Jung Store (on King, across McCully Zippy's) for shave ice (I'm not making this up!) and I got to jonesing so badly for shave ice that I had to give it a go (someone in my Twitterstream said that the line at Shimazu Store was long).

I ordered a large strawberry shave ice in a cup, took a seat at one of two tables, and tried to ignore the small group that came in after me. Happily, the gentleman in the group didn't ignore me: he introduced himself to me, recognizing me from my avatar. Not the one you're seeing right now, obviously.

It was so cool to chat with Shave Ice while he and I slurped our respective shave ices. Thanks for saying hi! Sorry I left so abruptly. I had a dinner to get to and I was a little embarrassed that I hadn't done much to make myself presentable BEFORE running out to Jung's.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      I could have sworn there was a more recently active thread about chance encounters with HTers, but I can't find it so I guess I'm resurrecting this one.
                      Do you mean this thread titled Unplanned meetings of HT'ers?

Comment

Yep. That would be the one.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It was my priviledge and pleasure to meet Kaonohi, his lovely wife and their son when they came over to England. What superb ambassadors for Hawai'i they are.

Comment

oh no, scrivener; the pleasure and honor was all mine! if that store had had cleaner floors (!), i would have fallen to the floor and wailed, "i'm not worthy! i'm not worthy!" ha! ha!

hope to see you around town again!
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Planned meetings: Pzarquon, Kilinahe, JPescador, Auntie Pupule (and Antonio), PK, TutuSue, Leo Lakio (and AF), Helen, Scrivener, JDub, Palama Kid, D'Alani, Cran & DiverDown, Soos and her DH, and another whose name shall not be mentioned.

and some I'm getting to know on FaceBook.

Unplanned: Pupule Lucie

and it's been a great pleasure to meet all of you!
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I met Ryan with GlossyP last year at Poke Stop in Waipahu. Had a nice lunch or was it the year before? Was when we thought Bourdain was stopping there
                                and Elmer wanted people there.

Oh, and "met" Anapuni808 and Tutusue on FB :-)
                                Last edited by leashlaws; August 26, 2009, 10:27 AM. Reason: add sentence

Comment

Working...
                                X