Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hi everyone, my name is Kili. I'm just your average do gooder. I'm 28, graduated from McKinley High School and Honolulu Community College with my Associates in Science. I currently work as a CAD Tech for a reknowned Landscaping and Planning firm in Honolulu. I own a Shar Pei named Maka, because my girlfriend and I fell in love with him at first sight. My Favorite food is Hawaiian...and someday I'm going to make a fuzion Hawaiian/Italian menu.

I am also an active motorsports enthusiasts, and up until know I have remained silent regarding the existance of my hobby as a racer. I've been very active in Drag Racing, Drifting, and Road Racing at the old motorsports complex, supporting our company, www.RaceEventsHawaii.com. It seems doomed either way because the existing land was bought, and under confidentiality clauses...the public wont know who the buyer is; and the life of the bills that would help fund the proposed new facility looks grim, one bill has already been killed by Senator Colleen Hanabusa. There is just one more bill at the momment that is being viewed by the Finance Commitee...and we're keeping our fingers crossed. Overall...I just want a place to race.

Aloha.
    www.raceeventshawaii.com

Re: Hello All

Howzit. May I just say that I can't stand racers. The ones I see on the road are often rude in traffic, and their exhausts are way too noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Howzit. May I just say that I can't stand racers. The ones I see on the road are often rude in traffic, and their exhausts are way too noisy.
      I'll tolerate that genre of racers, than a gramma that cant see past her dashboard, or the person talkin on their cellular phone. they're more of a hazard than the stereotype street racer. there are those of us who keep things strictly on the track...noise, antics, and all. we would be called, "real" racers.
      www.raceeventshawaii.com

Comment

Aloha and Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com kilikopela! I'm a MHS grad and so are my three children. Infact, I think my son graduated the same year as you! All three were involved in ROTC!

See you on the boards!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by kilikopela
          I'll tolerate that genre of racers, than a gramma that cant see past her dashboard, or the person talkin on their cellular phone. they're more of a hazard than the stereotype street racer. there are those of us who keep things strictly on the track...noise, antics, and all. we would be called, "real" racers.
          Fair enough. Not being one myself, I don't have much occasion to notice "real" racers, then. But the guys I'm talking about, they're a road hazard. Witness the regular news stories about kids getting themselves, and sometimes innocent bystanders, killed due to racing on the streets. You "real" racers may say that you don't condone street racing, but to me there is a clear link between the promotion of racing in general and the prevalence of dangerous street racing.

Comment

Consider me your first. Those people you're experiencing, I guess, we can call them the bad apples that make us look bad. It sucks for us because we have no control over them...we promote that the safest way to do things is at the track...now that we dont have any track at all...we cant. Now we're trying to set an example that even if there's no track, we dont condone that genre who want to be a public menace, we're the people that pushing for a motorsports complex either new or existing. Even when the sea is parted, we the "real racer" will always be associated with those street racers. Ignorance vs Action - which is more dangerous?
            www.raceeventshawaii.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Aloha and Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com kilikopela! I'm a MHS grad and so are my three children. Infact, I think my son graduated the same year as you! All three were involved in ROTC!

See you on the boards!

Auntie Lynn
              Thanks Auntie Lynn...I graduated in '95. What's your son's name? I know a couple of them that were in ROTC.
              www.raceeventshawaii.com

Comment

Working...
              X