Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Favorite Downtown Honolulu Restaurants

Originally posted by Erika Engle
    As Glossyp pointed out, it's not, so to expect hot spicy food there is folly.
    She's a food reviewer with no doubt a more refined palate than mine, but I woudn't call the food bland -- rather, I would refer to it as flavorful but mellow.
    Your description is much better than mine - it would be bland if compared to say Mexican or Korean food but mellow is a better word - must be why you write for a living!

Comment

1. definitely my top choice is ahi fresh vegetable.
      2. leo's taverna, although i find them pricier than i'd like. anybody know of any other good greek places downtown? i seem to remember one somewhere on merchant in that building with all the takeout places, but i can't remember it's name.
      3. tea at 1024.
      4. grand cafe/bakery
      5. little village--good lunch specials
      6. paradise cafe when i want something healthier.

tried that just tacos place in remington college building. liked it, but haven't been back yet...love that they make the tortillas right in front of you. also been meaning to try that san francisco salad co place, that plate lunch place right next to mercury bar on chaplain lane behind hpu, the new mexican place next to hpu on fort street mall, and ninja sushi. anybody been to those last three yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jimnyo
        /snip anybody know of any other good greek places downtown? i seem to remember one somewhere on merchant in that building with all the takeout places, but i can't remember it's name.

/snip
        Mediterranean Garden Cafe in the Arcade Building (212 Merchant Street?)?

Comment

that might be it--it was 7 years ago (!) and a friend took me to it. do you recommend it? i live over by nuuanu and beretania and i've been too lazy to walk down to merchant street to find it. thanks!

Comment

I recommend it for a take-out lunch. There are a few seats to eat in but it gets really crowded. I'm not a greek food expert but I've enjoyed their chicken, tabouli and hummus.

Comment

Last minute invite!
              I don't have to work today AND I'm not on call.

I'm trying to meet up with my friends downtown for lunch at NOON. We've been trying to to this for the past two months.

Anybody from HT interested in joining us?
              Also, for all you Downtown lunch experts, what's the spiciest Thai place? I'd like to check something like that out today!

Thanks

Comment

hi this is sansei and may anyone remember this restaurant named from the character from 5-0 wo fat,we once ate there and it wasnt bad only i do miss the place on king street where a 7-11 stand's and forgot the name sorry.they did once serve the best tendon shrimp tempura on rice and it was oishi.sorry this place wasnt in downtown only wo fat's was and not sure if it's still there.

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and i remember the closed restaurant on king street it was the wisteria and the best tendon you could ever have and it was so oishi.i think now for japanese place's it would be gyotaku and for the chinese restaurant it's the one in kapahulu not sure if that one closed down,it's close to where their is a moped shop down the road from there sorry the name slips my mind.

Comment

Sansei - you post on many different threads and you just make me tired. You say you graduated from McKinley High School, which was/is an "English Standard" school. Yet you cannot seem to speak English. What is your "schtick"? is it just to confuse everyone? is it just to prove you are so superior in language that you can butcher syntax, grammar and everything else that helps make a person easily understood? I'm so tired of you and your posts.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

sansei: do you mean hee hing in kapahulu?
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Hi This is sansei and in response to Kani-lehua,it's hee hing the best chinese restaurant in Town and they have a great selection of chinese food's,thank's for your help on helping me remember on hee hing. i do truly miss wisteria that was the best restaurant that closed.

Comment

Working...
                        X