Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Downtown Honolulu Restaurants

2. Matteo's (Seaside Waikiki)

Stayed several times at the hotel (condo?) above Matteo's. Loved to use the coupon (I don't see it in the paper anymore) for their osso bucco. With a good hearty red wine, o.b. was outstanding.

4. The Willows

Brother and his wife paid for the lunch buffet. Very first time I'd had deep fried haupia. Good food.

Count me in for lunch downtown, too. I'm stuck in Honolulu for five more weeks, so let's start doing this soon.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I may have posted this before somewhere, but...pictures of The Willows. There are a couple of other pages about the restaurant there, too. I did that mostly because I was trying to learn how to do tables in HTML and I needed some raw material, but it's come in handy on other occasions.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Cool, Link! That outrigger was where RJ, Tom Moffat and I and a couple others had lunch a while ago. Good fun. Here are pics of it in the 60's...

Comment

Youz guyz are the best! This is really going to help me out. I've been really stressing under a huge workload and truly appreciate your helping me out here.
          AbsoluteChaos, those are some great links. Mahalo!

Also, a great idea to mention the martini nights.

Hey Palama Kid: What do you mean by STUCK!

Kimo & Maddie--Sounds like fun!!!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid
            Count me in for lunch downtown, too. I'm stuck in Honolulu for five more weeks, so let's start doing this soon.
            Shoots, then. How's Tuesday, April 25? Enough time to plan, but soon enough to savor and before Palama Kid has to leave us... Palama Kid, Tutusue, MadAzza... who else? Jkpescador should preside, of course! A lot of us are working stiffs so of course we'll keep it simple and relatively quick...

Er, I guess this will eventually need its own thread so the downtown eats conversation can flow unabated!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Shoots, then. How's Tuesday, April 25? Enough time to plan, but soon enough to savor and before Palama Kid has to leave us... Palama Kid, Tutusue, MadAzza... who else? Jkpescador should preside, of course! A lot of us are working stiffs so of course we'll keep it simple and relatively quick...

Er, I guess this will eventually need its own thread so the downtown eats conversation can flow unabated!
              I might be interested. I won't know until Mon evening though whether my work schedule will allow for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                Hey Palama Kid: What do you mean by STUCK!
                C'mon . . . gimme a break !!! Here I first come here and da rain no stop. I no can wear my thong bikini . . .

Now, it's all comfortable and breezy . . . 70-degree nights and 80-degree days. Day after day after day after . . . da weather sooo boring. Lordy, Lordy, I wish it would rain again. Plus, because of da bacteria, I steel no can wear my thong. Sheesh !!!

I really NEED good downtown lunchtime places to get out of my funk.

Peeteeful, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                  I might be interested. I won't know until Mon evening though whether my work schedule will allow for it.
                  I'm definitely interested and with the same disclaimer!

Comment

Hey Lavagal ... one quick note ...

It's Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas ... with an "o."

Europe, Asian, fusion ... was the explanation I was given for a column.
                    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                      Hey Lavagal ... one quick note ...

It's Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas ... with an "o."

Europe, Asian, fusion ... was the explanation I was given for a column.

Darlin! I needed that! I'm doing my final edit tonight!!!!!! You are a GODDESS!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Administrative Assistants day is 4/26 so I probably won't meet you folks on 4/25. I usually eat out once and week that's why I try to make it count.

The size of your group may limit your options. Usually I just eat lunch in front of Bestsellers.

I'll keep reading this thread to find out what's going on. If something does happen I'm sure pzarquon will post pictures and a review.
                        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

1. We still goin eat downtown tomorrow (April 25)? Any kine food good for me.

2. Will this be an early / late lunch?

Comment

I think so! I hope so. I'm home sick today, but the "good news" is that I'm on my way out (I saved the worst of it for the weekend itself). It can be an early/late lunch to avoid the peak crowds, but it depends on whether everyone's schedules are flexible for, say, a 11 a.m. gathering.

Like I said, something simple and casual, just some other downtown "inmates" gathering for a bite to eat. Any suggestions for where a handful of folks could eat and chat?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              I think so! I hope so. I'm home sick today, but the "good news" is that I'm on my way out (I saved the worst of it for the weekend itself). It can be an early/late lunch to avoid the peak crowds, but it depends on whether everyone's schedules are flexible for, say, a 11 a.m. gathering.

Like I said, something simple and casual, just some other downtown "inmates" gathering for a bite to eat. Any suggestions for where a handful of folks could eat and chat?
                              Hope you're feeling much better tomorrow.

11 am is fine with me.

Considering that I'm the visitor, you're not really wanting me to pick the place, are you? I have absolutely no preference . . . I like food.

If FORCED, I'd pick the Japanese delicatessen on Alakea / King, then walk a block to Iolani Palace to eat on the bandstand. In '56 - '58, I used to sell the Star-Bulletin next to that deli.

[FYI I'm meeting a dozen '63 McKinley grads tomorrow for the dinner buffet at Yen King. But listen up . . . I will NOT mind Chinese for lunch.]

Comment

Jeez, Ryan, you were sick this week-end? Why didn'tya tell me so I could've postponed asking you that favor?! Hope you're feeling better.

11:00 tomorrow works for me especially since I have a 1:30 appt. at Century (Square? Center?...corner Beretania and Bishop). Personally I'd opt for a full serve restaurant/diner/coffee shop but will go along with the majority. I'm lazy when it comes to eating out! I don't eat downtown enough to recommend any places. I do remember Cafe 8 1/2 (I think that's the name) being tasty. My downtown dining experiences tend to be at Aloha Tower Marketplace. I've heard raves about some little cafe, oh shoot I can't remember the name, near one of the piers off of Nimitz somewhere in the vicinity of Home Depot...I think. You downtown people probably want to keep it walkable, I bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X