Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Downtown Honolulu Restaurants

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Had a great lunch with Tutusue, Palama Kid, and jkpescador. On the table were two burgers (Irish Burger and Blarney Burger), salmon pate and the soup of the day, and the beef baja burrito. Lots of great conversation, getting-to-know-you chit chat, geek reminiscing, and of course the usual, "So who is that guy?" gossip...

Sorry we missed you, AbsolutChaos and 1stwahine! Hope you feel better, AbsolutChaos... our household is battling a bug now, too.

There'll definitely be another HT Downtown Lunch... probably mid-May, since Palama Kid will still be in town then! I put in an early vote for Remington College as our next destination.
    Really had a great time meeting with all of you. Attempted to upload my pitchers . . . never succeeded. I'll send them to you via snapfish.

Looking forward to seeing more members the next time.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I had a nice lunch putting faces to handles. The subject of conversation ran the gamut.
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

Had a great lunch with Tutusue, Palama Kid, and jkpescador.

Lots of great conversation, getting-to-know-you chit chat, geek reminiscing, and of course the usual, "So who is that guy?" gossip...
        So, how much info did you leak, tutu?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
          So, how much info did you leak, tutu?
          Hey, hey, I'll have you know that tutusue didn't say two words all through lunch. She was concentrating so much on eating her two burgers and making sure she didn't miss her 1:30 meeting.

In fact, she quickly swiped my salmon pate before I had a chance to finish it and then ran off to her meeting.

Speaking of leaking information, I am surprised about the alcohol that was consumed. While I nursed my bottled water, my companions guzzled several beers. Now, how does one go back to work after that?

Being retired and Irish, I would have been more'n justified in having an alcoholic lunch, but I restrained myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid

Hey, hey, I'll have you know that tutusue didn't say two words all through lunch. She was concentrating so much on eating her two burgers and making sure she didn't miss her 1:30 meeting.
            Yeah, okay, maybe three words, then?

You coached them very well, tutu.

Comment

tutusue didn't say two words all through lunch. She was concentrating so much on eating her two burgers and making sure she didn't miss her 1:30 meeting. In fact, she quickly swiped my salmon pate before I had a chance to finish it
              What?!? Not just one but two burgers, plus your salmon pate? How's Tutu stay so skinny?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui

What?!? Not just one but two burgers, plus your salmon pate? How's Tutu stay so skinny?
                Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me either, so I figured they concocted and settled on that alibi before realizing that it didn't make any sense.

Comment

All you assumers just need to show up at the HT functions so you can find out the truth for yourselves!!!

Now...for the truth!

I said at least *4* words...well, much, much more than that!...
                  Yes, I had 2 different hamburgers as did jkpescador! So, I was a good mommy, cut 'em both in half and we shared, family style, so we could try both burgers!...
                  Those burgers were so big I took one half home for dinner!...
                  Palama Kid twisted my arm to add his unfinished salmon pate to my doggie bag. I wanted him to take it home to Palamamama! Ok, ok...so he didn't have to twist too hard!...
                  It was my lucky day to be surrounded by 3 dudes...that's why I said more than 2 words!...
                  It was Palama Kid who had to remind me of my appt. I'd completely forgotten about it during lunch. That's what 3 dudes will do to me!...
                  Hey, Palama Kid, exactly where do you buy that bottled RED water? Huh? Sneak it in, didya?!...
                  Lurkah...I leaked just a little but it wasn't info!...
                  Last, but not least...I NOT skinny! Used to be, but...

So...there ya have it. Da trut...nuthin' but da trut!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

Okay tutu, you can uncross your toes now.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      Hey, Palama Kid, exactly where do you buy that bottled RED water? Huh? Sneak it in, didya?!...
                      Lurkah...I leaked just a little but it wasn't info!...
                      Last, but not least...I NOT skinny! Used to be, but...

Okay, I had two glasses of delicious California red wines. And you guys didn't have anything alcoholic. And I kinda twisted your arm to take the salmon pate. And you and jkpescador did cut the burgers in half. And boy, did you tell us a lot about quite a few HT characters !!! And . . .

Well, let's just say that most everything else I wrote was true, you gotta admit.

<My grenade worked, didn't it?>

Comment

[...]And boy, did you tell us a lot about quite a few HT characters !!![...]
                        Actually, we were talking about usenet (ACH and SCH) characters and a couple of bona fide 'net kooks...the good ol' days AND the bad ol' days of usenet!

You remember those...right, Kimo?!

Comment

oh yea but tryin to foget.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                            Okay tutu, you can uncross your toes now.
                            No can...age related, ya know!

BTW, jkpescador paid me a nice compliment. Said I look a little better in person than I do in my avatar...or sumthin' like that!

Comment

Yeah tutusue don't look like that. She didn't wear her hat.

j/k!
                              just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
                                Yeah tutusue don't look like that. She didn't wear her hat.

j/k!
                                You got it! Rarely does a guy notice things like that. You da man, jk!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X