Favorite Downtown Honolulu Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Downtown Honolulu Restaurants

I don't know if I should have started a new thread but lunch with Palama Kid Pt. II (eat with Palama-san) or Attack of the Palama Kid Clones.

Any dates?
    Places?

Was it Remington College building for lunch? We just buy, find each other, find tables and eat?

PZarquon says has to be this week.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
      Any dates? Places?
      For starters, how's Thursday? As for where... Remington College sounds like a good, varied, affordable, egalitarian choice. Who's in? Tutusue and Palama Kid? Glossyp, is this week any better? Anapuni808, I'd hope of all folks you can turn out!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        For starters, how's Thursday? As for where... Remington College sounds like a good, varied, affordable, egalitarian choice. Who's in? Tutusue and Palama Kid? Glossyp, is this week any better? Anapuni808, I'd hope of all folks you can turn out!
        My week is up in the air due to leak in the shower plumbing at home. Whatever the majority decide, if I can make it, I'll be there! If I'm not there it's 'cuz I'm watching my shower and a wall being torn apart. Ugh.

Comment

Well. A fellow geek who shall rename nameless just scheduled his lunch for Thursday... so since we've no formal RSVPs here anyway, how's Wednesday or Friday instead?

Comment

Well. A fellow geek who shall rename nameless just scheduled his lunch for Thursday... so since we've no formal RSVPs here anyway, how's Wednesday or Friday instead?
            Poop! I'm out for both.

Comment

I'm in! I wanna try the Mexican Food!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Count me in for Wednesday. You won't believe this, but I got a dental appointment on Friday . . . new crown. Since my appointment is for 1300 hours, lunch will be cutting it too close. Pzarquon, whether or not we make this lunch, I really appreciate your effort.
                Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

thanks for the invite! since i work at Remington College bldg, it won't be hard at all to meet up with you. what time? ryan & lynn - i will recognize you at least and am looking forward to meeting others.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Whatever alla y'all decide, I'll try to make it. I don't know offhand where Remington College is, but I can look it up. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread so I don't miss the lunch get-together AGAIN! Seems like last month I was planning to go, then somehow missed it.

Aloha,
                    Maddie

P.S. Except I might not be able to do Wednesday, but Thursday or Friday would be worse. So if it's this week, Wednesday would be best (or least worst) for me.

Maybe these late-night posts aren't such a good idea.
                    Last edited by MadAzza; May 16, 2006, 12:54 AM.

Comment

D'oh! Tutusue, sorry to muddle things! Of course, you're on the island forever and ever, so we'll be sure to catch you again soon! Palama Kid, glad you can make it tomorrow... 1stwahine, anapuni808, jkpescador and MadAzza, hope you can, too!

The Remington College Building is on Bishop Street, makai of the Hawaiian Telcom building and just mauka of Hotel St. Map here. The street level and the lower level are populated with several restaurants... so we can commandeer a table on the lower level, then venture out to choose our poison from among the many lunch options in the building.

Comment

Sorry to miss it. Just wanted to add my parking thoughts as parking can be such an expensive proposition downtown. Anyway...Alii Place on Alakea, between King and Beretania is, iirc, 75 cents per half hour for the first 2 hours...then it increases. I believe that's similar to Harbor Court on Queen and Bethel however Alii Place is much closer to Remington.

Aloha Palama Kid. See ya next time, 'kay?!

Comment

Okay, we're on for noon - 1:30 pm tomorrow at Remington College on Bishop Street.

Thanks Tutusue for the parking info.

These lunches are pleasant diversions. Truss me, I would not have considered eating in downtown otherwise.
                          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

i don't mean to diss the place but i just had lunch today at cafe 8 1/2 with a friend and i have to say that the food was just okay. i like the quiet location and being able to sit outside (great weather today) but the food was a disappointment cuz i had heard some good things about the place.... oh well. just my two cents.
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
                              i don't mean to diss the place but i just had lunch today at cafe 8 1/2 with a friend and i have to say that the food was just okay. i like the quiet location and being able to sit outside (great weather today) but the food was a disappointment cuz i had heard some good things about the place.... oh well. just my two cents.
                              I'm sorry you didn't have a great lunch. What did you order? Can you describe why it was a disappointment? I love Cafe 8 1/2 and don't get there as often as I'd like. I hope they aren't losing their touch.
                              Last edited by glossyp; May 16, 2006, 02:18 PM.

Comment

D'oh! Tutusue, sorry to muddle things! Of course, you're on the island forever and ever, so we'll be sure to catch you again soon! Palama Kid, glad you can make it tomorrow... 1stwahine, anapuni808, jkpescador and MadAzza, hope you can, too!
                                Rats, I have a board meeting I can't get out of. Well, I mean, I wouldn't get out of, because that would be rude to our guests. I'll see if I can squeeze lunch in before the meeting. If I can't make it, somebody hoist a beer or whatever for me. Have a good time!

Comment

Working...
                                X