Vote for Merrie Monarch Hula Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Merrie Monarch Hula Festival

Each week Steve Hartman is asking viewers to vote on which story they think he should cover on Friday for the CBS Evening News with Bob Schieffer. It's called "CBS News Assignment America".

Every Friday Steve presents three story pitches and you get to vote for the story you think sounds most interesting. Whichever story gets the most votes by 2 p.m. ET on Monday is the winner.

One of the choices for next weeks story is to send Steve to report on Hawaii's Merrie Monarch Hula Festival. The giant hula contest is the state's No. 1 television event of the year.

So come one everyone lets vote for the Merrie Monarch Festival.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1499657.shtml

Re: Vote for Merrie Monarch Hula Festival

Originally posted by kdramafan
    So come one everyone lets vote for the Merrie Monarch Festival.
    No thanks. I think I will rather vote for "the giant hula contest".
    BYTW; where da buggah. On the mainland?

Comment

Methinks Steve has already bought his ticket to Hawaii. I mean, c'mon, the other two stories in the poll are "trash opera" (interesting, but trash) and "longtime teacher" (someone teaching for nearly 70 years would make a great human interest story, but probably not make for the most compelling video).

Besides. If he thinks he's going to land in Hilo with a TV crew and be able to get a hotel room on a few days' notice...

Comment

I don't think MMF needs any more national publicity. They are doing just fine right now. The stadium is packed every night of the Festival and ticket scalpers are taking their profits on eBay. Remember that MMF is run by volunteers; if it gets too popular, it'll be taken over by commercial interests and that will demean the intent of the festival as well as possibly affect the kinds of hula that are performed in the future.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; April 15, 2006, 08:37 AM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X