Francis Camera to shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis Camera to shut down

as i drove along kapiolani this evening, i saw the sign that said they'd be closing. checked the web and found this article:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...604130318.html

the sign noted that there was a closing sale so you may find a bargain if you're in the market for photo stuff....
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: Francis Camera to shut down

Dang, that's what I was supposed to do today.

And they close tomorrow, and I don't get my paycheck until next week.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Francis Camera was always a bit on the expensive side but they were one of the last of the old time camera stores. Is Photocine still in business?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Kaimuki Camera at the top of the hill on Waialae Ave. (across from Coffee Talk) is still around. Friendlier and cheaper, too.

I always avoided Francis like the plague since I was routinely treated like crap in that place.

Comment

and another camera shop in ala moana, no?

Comment

Ritz Camera that moved into Kahala Mall about 2-years ago was surprizingly good.

About the only good thing I liked about Francis Camera (when they were in Ala Moana Shopping Center) was their consignment area where they sold used camera equipment. I picked up my Olympus OM-2N there and a good Vivitar Series II 80-210mm zoom lens.

Then there was Anderson Camera right across the street from the last location of Francis Camera on Kapiolani BLVD.

I remember another camera shop on Young street that was run by an old man. Something like Discount Camera or something. Great prices at that store.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yeah the Francis came across to me as an un-friendly place too. The owner mighta been friendly but his workers (most of them) had a chip on their shoulder. And yeah they were kinda expensive.

Originally posted by dick
              Kaimuki Camera at the top of the hill on Waialae Ave. (across from Coffee Talk) is still around. Friendlier and cheaper, too.

I always avoided Francis like the plague since I was routinely treated like crap in that place.

Comment

So, what will happen to the space? And is it just me, or is the Ala Moana area having a lot of business close down or relocated lately?
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                X