Spam Varieties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spam Varieties

We've tried the oven-roasted turkey spam in our house (fried of course) and to me, it tasted just like most turkey lunch meats you buy in the sandwich sections or at the deli. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it all that much either and preferred the original one. Sister in law thought it tasted like her mom's fried fish (or something that wasn't turkeyish) iirc.

You know, I don't recall seeing the oven-roasted turkey spam at the market - just the hickory smoked version (it kinda seems like they change varieties every so often). But I do remember that we got our can of oven-roasted turkey spam at the Kunia Walmart.

Ive always wanted to try the Nacho Cheese spam. I'm afraid, yet very curious.

Cheers!
    -k

Comment

I've seen turkey spam in Safeway.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Hear hear. "Lite" Spam? What's the point of that? If you're gonna go early, might as well go happy.
        I don't know about now but when it first came out the Lite Spam just went to pieces if you tried to slice it.

Comment

KELLY! nacho cheese spam? wow.... i dont think so. HAHAHAHA!

if the turkey tastes like turkey then why not buy real roasted turkey...but original spam is a taste on its own...and great with rice. i am look forward to tasting some of the other varieties like the smoked and bacon. i have seen the spam and cheese but i dont think i would bother.... i like to add my own cheese when i am making a sandwich. but maybe the nacho cheese would work.... would that make it Mexispam?

Comment

I like the "HOT" spam from Guam. Great for omelettes!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Speak of the devil, turns out the annual Waikiki Spam Jam is this weekend. I know you can get all kinds of Spam merchandise and eat Spam dishes prepared by local restaurants... but I don't know if there'll be a buffet of all Spam varieties -- and if not, there should be!

Comment

Re: Supermarket Take Out

Hey Auntie guess what! i discovered a new variety of spam !
                spam with honey ! saw it in the times market today ! HA! now i want to know what on earth that taste like ! they CRAZY! dont know what to do with spam next! HAHAHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OnoLoa View Post
                  Hey Auntie guess what! i discovered a new variety of spam !
                  spam with honey ! saw it in the times market today ! HA! now i want to know what on earth that taste like ! they CRAZY! dont know what to do with spam next! HAHAHA!!!
                  heheheh. We have a thread on Spam Jam and the various kinds of Spam but I can't find the thread. Maybe somebody can. It can be helpful to you as far as taste and wot nots.hahahaha

Have FuN!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

this honey spam is a new one...i think it just came out. I saw that thread your speaking of but .... there is no mention of it.
                    remember ? ....you went out and bought the other spam i was talking about and told me about it. bacon i think it was.
                    anyway....now i gonna have to try the honey..... this is never gonna end ! HA!

Comment

Originally posted by OnoLoa View Post
                      this honey spam is a new one...i think it just came out. I saw that thread your speaking of but .... there is no mention of it.
                      remember ? ....you went out and bought the other spam i was talking about and told me about it. bacon i think it was.
                      anyway....now i gonna have to try the honey..... this is never gonna end ! HA!
                      hahahahaha.

Yeah. I remember YOU!

Too funny.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

If I may steal a couple jokes from Kermet Apio (who I mentioned in another thread), he comments on the odd nature off Spam Lite: he's sure that the health-conscious are surely shopping for Spam. As for the "50% less salt" aspect, he says: Spam without salt is ... clay.

Comment

We attended a promotional products expo today. Give-away stuff you put your company logo on, like pens, refrigerator magnets, mousepads, letter openers and keychains.

One of the samples was this WAY COOL SPAM rubbah slippah!....

Notice how the sole has the SPAM logo deeply-embossed in reverse. This is so when you step in something soft like sand or mud, it'll leave the SPAM logo in the footprint tracks. How cool is that!

Unfortunately they only had one side to give out as a sample, so it can't be worn.. shucks.

That would have been the ultimate grand prize for Auntie Lynn's MWH Rubbah Slippahz Christmas giveout!
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            Unfortunately they only had one side to give out as a sample, so it can't be worn.. shucks.

That would have been the ultimate grand prize for Auntie Lynn's MWH Rubbah Slippahz Christmas giveout!
                            That would have way too COOL! Mahalo foa thinking about the keikis of MWH!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Maybe that's the sound the slippah makes when Auntie Pupule gives someone whack-whacks with it:

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X