Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jail time for LOST actress

Default Re: Jail time for LOST actress

Quote Originally Posted by Palolo Joe
    You know what made that memorable? For such a smart, talented young woman, Mahea did pick a really stupid question to ask. So many other questions worth asking... and she's excited to use that particular answer as a sound-bite?
    On the surface, I suppose it's a dumb question... like the quintessential scenario of a reporter asking the victim of a huge tragedy, "So, how do you feel?" But are there really "many other questions worth asking"?

Defendent receives jail time for breaking the law. Defendent has history of breaking the law in this particular manner. Why not ask, "So have you learned your lesson now?" Also, I'd imagine Mahea liked the sound bite for the overall visual (i.e. Michelle's exasperated and probably "manic" reaction) than the substance of the answer. But, hey, if it was a stupid question, she gave Michelle the opportunity to assert as much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutusue
    URL, please?!
    Indeed! The fact that a City Deputy Prosecutor has a MySpace profile isn't all that remarkable -- for all the bad press MySpace gets, lots of people are members (musicians, teachers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc.). But the fact that Sanada's is reportedly as irreverent as that, especially given the clear attention rightfully paid to maintaining an appropriate public image in other venues, is quite curious.

Asking Michelle Rodriquez, who has repeatedly proven herself to be a menace to society due to her continual drinking and driving, whether she would drink and drive again was a most appropriate question being that it directly addressed the very behavior that she's already proven to be in the habit of doing again and again to the disregard, detriment and peril of all other drivers on the road.

Michelle's answer, "that's a stupid question. Come on!", was a very evasive non-answer, which to me, shows that she's still very much in denial and is still unwilling to accept any of the responsibility for her extremely selfish and self-centered behavior and the realization that continuing to do so could very well cause the deaths of other innocent people down the road.

I concur. Extremely well put, Mr. Lurkah.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkah
    Asking Michelle Rodriquez, who has repeatedly proven herself to be a menace to society due to her continual drinking and driving, whether she would drink and drive again was a most appropriate question being that it directly addressed the very behavior that she's already proven to be in the habit of doing again and again to the disregard, detriment and peril of all other drivers on the road.
    I disagree. Such a simple-minded question begs only a yes-or-no response. Yawn. It gives the one being questioned an easy out.

A better question would have been, "How long do you think you'll hold off before you drink and drive again?"

Quote Originally Posted by MadAzza

I disagree. Such a simple-minded question begs only a yes-or-no response. Yawn. It gives the one being questioned an easy out.
    It might have given her what she thought was an easy way out at that moment, but I still think her non-answer spoke volumes.

A better question would have been, "How long do you think you'll hold off before you drink and drive again?"
    And on that, I can totally agree. That would be a very good question for someone from the media to ask her when she gets out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAzza
    Such a simple-minded question begs only a yes-or-no response. Yawn. It gives the one being questioned an easy out.
    Which she didn't even take; she answered neither "yes" or "no"; she answered with condescension. What does that tell you about her?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio
    Which she didn't even take; she answered neither "yes" or "no"; she answered with condescension. What does that tell you about her?
    I'd like to answer that but my vocabulary would get me suspended from HT. Hmmmm...I digress. I shall take this matter to my Blogg laterz for I have to get ready to attend a funeral.

Oh. The question wasn't to me. Ooops! So sorry. Still I would love to answer the question.

Auntie Lynn

If you ask me, the very question is condescending. It's like she was asking, "are you gonna be a bad girl and drink and drive again? Or are you going to behave?". The way Mahea asked the thing just smacked of haughty judgement. Maybe she didn't mean for it to sound like that, but it did.

Sort of like a "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of question? One that you simply can't answer satisfactorily?

I really don't like drunk drivers, and I'm not Michelle's number one fan, but damn if all the hate directed at her (not here. At a couple of other boards, they want her tarred and feathered and hung naked from a rooftop) doesn't get me to want to defend her. She didn't club a baby seal, for God's sake. She did something stupid (repeatedly) and just because she's not flogging herself in public doesn't mean she doesn't realize that.

I believe much of the anger is generated by people who fear that her pattern of driving while intoxicated may lead to someone's injury or death, and that said tragedy would have been preventable by the correction of her behavior. Her lack of (public) remorse leads many to suspect that she does not fully realize the risks of that behavior, much less have any desire to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilinahe

She did something stupid (repeatedly) and just because she's not flogging herself in public doesn't mean she doesn't realize that.
    It wouldn't be so bad if she'd make some acknowledgement or nod towards contrition instead of blaming this, that, and the other thing for causing the predicament she's in and all the bizarre and irrational behavior that preceded it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilinahe
    She didn't club a baby seal, for God's sake. She did something stupid (repeatedly) and just because she's not flogging herself in public doesn't mean she doesn't realize that.
    Well, I'm not really sure if I'd put clubbing a baby seal so far beyond drunk driving on the morality spectrum. Seal clubbing makes you cruel, but not a murderer (except in Seal Town). Drunk driving carries real, deadly dangers for her and -- more importantly -- other people.

And being remorseful and circumspect is not irrelevant -- neither in determining an appropriate punishment, nor in respect to her livelihood. If Joe Shmoe is defiant in court, he can be an ass but perhaps still go back to his regular life. An actress in Hollywood depends on her "bankability" as a star... and even though legal woes keep her in the headlines ("any publicity is good publicity"), the fact of the matter is the people controlling the money in showbusiness would be idiots to not factor in the risks a loose cannon might carry in a production.

I like Michelle Rodriguez the actress. And generally like her admittedly brash personality. But I worry for her as a person... and hope things change so I don't have to worry about the people around her.

Unfortunately, Michelle Rodriguez the actress, will face the Judge in California where they are used to Fame and Fortune unlike here. Money, power and popularity in most cases has no bearing most of the times.

Her obvious reactions and public display of no remorse is disturbing to everyone. People like her are repeat offenders who eventually take away innocent lives. That is the Public Outcry and Concern.

She definitely needs Help in the highest form of Mental Assistance available. However, based on her attitude and know-it-all personality she won't seek it. They should have court ordered it for all concern. I hope and pray they do it in California. It is my gut feeling without proper treatment and incarceration she will not learn nor recieve adequate help in dealing with her Demons.

She is ill. She needs TREATMENT before it's too late for her and a victim or victims.

Auntie Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio
    I didn't see it as condescension. I took it as a reporter asking a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Palolo Joe
    I didn't see it as condescension. I took it as a reporter asking a stupid question.
    Condescension...isn't that where a gas turns into a liquid or solid?

Kidding, but seriously, how dumb was it? She told the judge about getting her period three times a month because of steriod use but doesn't want to answer whether she'll drink and drive again. kinda lame. i don't think it was a stupid question, it was an honest question that demands an honest answer. then again, i guess her response was honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    Nah, nah, nah --- that's "conversation."
    Or is that where you try to use fewer resources...?
    (Shades of "The Electric Company.")

Kidding, but seriously, how dumb was it? She told the judge about getting her period three times a month because of steriod use but doesn't want to answer whether she'll drink and drive again. kinda lame. i don't think it was a stupid question, it was an honest question that demands an honest answer. then again, i guess her response was honest.
    waves hand in the air!!!!

i am currently on steroids for cluster headaches. das dat mean i going get my period again three times a month? ooohh! i can have babies again!!! Yiipeee!

ahhh. wishful thinking. no can. no moa da odda part.

Auntie pUpUle

made ya all laugh on an Aloha Friday!

just saw the 5pm news...64 hours of jail time, released at 6:30am this morning!

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

I do know that a solid turning to a vapor without passing thru a liquid state is called sublimation.

But the ironic part of the stupid question is that it gave way to a very stupid answer. I took her answer this way: Hey stupid of course I'm gonna drink and drive, you already know I've done it in the past.

Maybe the question could have been: What message do you have for your admirers? I believe inquiring minds would want to know what her feelings and direction would be after this episode in her life concludes. Her answer would determine if she would still have a following or not.

Exclamation Re: Jail time for LOST actress

"Ms. Rodriguez does have 300 outstanding highway cleanup hours that she has not touched," said deputy prosecutor Sean Sanada.

-- 'Lost' Actress To Spend Time in Jail

This is the real reason she chose jail over community service in Hawai‘i. She needed some variety!

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe
    I do know that a solid turning to a vapor without passing thru a liquid state is called sublimation.
    Right you are sir! But did you know about disposition? And no, it's not what the local guy said to his girlfriend in bed.

solid to liquid = melting

liquid to solid = freezing

liquid to gas = boiling

gas to liquid = condensation

solid to gas (skipping liquid phase) = sublimation

gas to solid (skipping liquid phase) = disposition

Michelle got 60 days from a Los Angeles judge yesterday for violation of the terms of her parole related to her first DUI hit and run.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Michelle Rodriguez to serve more jail time
    Actress Michelle Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail for violating her probation, a spokesman for the city attorney said Monday. Judge Rex Hesseman also sentenced the 27-year-old “Lost” star to 30 days of community service with the Sheriff’s Department, stints with the Mothers Against Drunk Driving victim impact panel and the city’s hospital and morgue program, plus an alcohol education program, said spokesman Frank Mateljan.
    Considering how publicly she violated her probation, and the maximum penalties she could have faced, I think two months is a pretty good deal. And I'm sure MADD will reap what it can from a celebrity participant, if not official spokesman. Her comments about community service, though, will probably come back to haunt her as she does a month's worth of work for the Sherrif's Department. I wonder if that means road work and suchlike, though, or just filing papers in a back office somewhere.

Did anyone catch her on David Spade's talk show a couple of weeks ago? It was classic. David said, "I don't know if you know this, but while you were in jail, they killed off your character." Michelle played it straight. "What?" They then critiqued her mug shot... and those of other busted celebrities.

As long as she doesn't have more "manic" episodes, she'll probably still be able to make hay out of this whole situation. Staying before the public eye and getting paying gigs, though, are two separate things.

I do hope she sorts stuff out, though. I actually like her as an actress.

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    And I'm sure MADD will reap what it can from a celebrity participant, if not official spokesman.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it means she'll be working for them. I think it means she has to go sit and get a lecture from a bunch of MADD folks, then she'll need to go look at dead bodies at the morgue.

THEN, she'll be put to work by the Sherriff's Department. Probably picking up garbage at a park, or on the side of the road.

Community "service" is just like prison... it's not meant to rehabilitate, it's meant to punish.

Michelle is going to get punished for breaking the law. Plain and simple.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast