Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can the homeless do to help themselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can the homeless do to help themselves?

So Craig... What could you have done to help her help herself? I have to admit I've passed by people without doing anything and other times I've disrupted my home immensely trying what I thought was best. It's a hard decision, isn't it?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
      I'm sorry that you think trying to help the homeless in the way I've suggested is an "insulting concept." I'm stunned by it, actually.
      There was already a thread on how "we" can help the homeless; rather than continuing that thread further (and I recognize that you have contributed), I was taken aback at the starting of a thread that implied, by its very title, that the burden falls on the homeless themselves.

Originally posted by MadAzza
      You praise Auntie Lynn for printing out my post and taking it to the homeless, yet you slam me for making the original post. That means you have a problem with me personally, not with my comments. I don't understant that; I've always liked you and thought we got along pretty well. Apparently not.
      I sense that you took this more personally than intended, and I apologize for leaving you with the impression that it was a personal attack. In reality, you and I only know each other through our comments, and that's the only debate we can have, at this point. I slammed the concept of the thread (as I stated), and did not quote from your initial post.

Comment

That's why I never mentioned what exactly I did for that woman on Kamakee street simply because it wasn't the place to mention it. I did however do something for her that helped her out, you can PM me for information.

But the point I was making was that the homeless are there because they either don't want help or lack the ability to help themselves. Either way you can draw pictures to the point of frustration and you won't get them to do what we all feel is what is necessary for them to get themselves up and back in the saddle.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X