40 Least Metal Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 40 Least Metal Moments

Bon Jovi isn't metal, either. That's just good ol' rock 'n' roll, folks. Stay on topic!

Comment

I disagree. Those first three albums had a definite post-Def Leppard, pop-metal thing going on. 7800* Farenheit was supposedly "the melting point of rock," and for the longest time, only readers of Circus and Hit Parader knew who Bon Jovi was, 'cause that's where the record company put the ads.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        I disagree.
        You can disagree all you want. You're still wrong.

Bwaaaa!

(I'm loving the emoticons lately!)

Comment

Funny, I just saw Bon Jovi's "Runaway" on TV tonight. Being their first single, I never considered that song or the band metal way back when. Every time I hear that song, I'm reminded of a SNL where a pair of dancers/Bon Jovi fans auditioned for Jon and Ritchie. On a "metal-related" note, I'm planning on picking up Judas Priest's 1982 Memphis DVD this week.

Unfortunately, my favorite metal bands are ridiculed by the wife and kids at home and in the car. Except for AC/DC, since the kids know them from "School of Rock." If memory serves, AC/DC never ever ever came to Hawaii.....or did I miss them? anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Bwaaaa!
            I don't know why, exactly, but just reading this one word cracked me up.

As for Cyndi Lauper, I think the "metal" connection was through the world of professional wrestling; as to whether that's a legit connection - well, you'll have to ask someone else. Heaven forbid a thread on HT would ever go off topic!

Comment

This one is just for you scriv

Guys from metallica kissing eachother (Tongues and all)

http://say_ten.tripod.com/hall/metallica.html

This has to be the winner so far!

Comment

The least metal moment has to be VH1 deciding which moments are the most metal moments or better yet, the top 40 metal songs. has anyone looked at this list...GNR...Def Leopard???

Comment

Originally posted by haole_pupule
                  The least metal moment has to be VH1 deciding which moments are the most metal moments
                  Good point; when I think "metal," thoughts of "VH-1" are not particularly close behind.

Comment

The SCORPIONS' 1999 release of EYE II EYE.

I bought that on impulse when it first came out, and realized when I played it what a mistake that was. It's a complete departure from their traditional sound, expermenting with some weird "techno-rock'n'pop", employing electronic drums and synths. If you're any fan of traditional Scorps', you'll be highly disappointed with this "least metal moment".

After contaminating my CD player with that garbage, I had to cleanse it with a complete spin-wash cycle of the BLACKOUT album.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

KISS - When they dropped theyre make-up?

I dunno... this might be one of those reverse Psychology ones though...

Comment

Def Leppard's latest cover of Rock On by David Essex.
                        Last edited by Pomai; May 11, 2006, 11:42 AM.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

No song in the history of music has ever made me lunge for the radio dial faster than "Rock On". I mean, I seriously think that song triggers my migraines. And someone covered it? Yecccch.

Funny how on the show they don't mention that Dee Snider has, like, six kids and lives in the 'burbs on Long Island.

Comment

When Obituary played here in '92 or '93, some guys I know hung out with them, drove them around, let them stay at their places. They said those guys are vegetarians and insisted that they needed to be in bed by 10:00.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic...sorry scriv...(but this seems to be a good place with a lot of knowledgeable people about music)

But has anyone hear heard of the group "The Posies" out of the Pacific Northwest?

They are pretty popular world wide now... they broke through on the "Singles CD" with Nirvana and a bunch of other groups from the Northwest

I was locker partners with Jon Auer (I know your gonna google it scriv)

(We still communicate through myspace)

Anyone else have any brush with any "Rockers/Metalheads"

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                                Anyone else have any brush with any "Rockers/Metalheads"
                                Held the door open for Kirk Hammett of Metallica at Diamond Head Market & Grill. Do know that his wife is from Kailua.

Comment

Working...
                                X