Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Adam

It has a couple of distinctions:

#1 It is one of the most boring movies I have ever seen in my long life.
    #2 It is one of the very few movies I have walked out of after about an hour.

Helen may have stayed to see the whole thing and can provide some extenuating circumstances.

Re: Young Adam

I missed about 5 to 10 minutes of the middle of this movie because I had to use the restroom.

Words to describe this movie. Tragic. Slow paced. Tragic. Boring. Tragic and more tragic.

How tragic?

The only name I reconigize in the starting credits is Ewan McGregor who plays a character named Joe and during the course of this movie he makes love to four different women. Why is this tragic?

Well woman #1 is found dead floating in the water at the start of the movie, her body is found by Joe and the husband of woman #2. Between the start of the movie and when I left for the restroom Joe and woman #2 was havings flings and flashbacks with woman #1. When I got back from the restroom the husband finds out and the husband left her.

Woman #3 seems to be either a friend or a relative of woman #2 who was recently widowed because woman #3's husband died because he fell off a truck and was then hit by a bus. Woman #2 then invites woman #3 to stay with them for a while and along the way Joe manages to make love to woman #3 while flashback scenes about woman #1 continue.

Woman #2 guesses that Joe and woman #3 are making out and before she can do or say anything about it, Joe packs up and leaves.

He then ends up in a bar with his stuff. Another patron asks him if he is looking for a room to stay because he has one available. He takes Joe home, to meet his wife and Joe agrees to stay in the room. This is off course woman #4.

There is more to this story like the trial for the murder of woman #1 but they got the wrong person on trial. There are some sex scenes which includes different positions and different places and one with woman #1 being coated with custard, ketchup and some kind of powder.

Comment

Re: Young Adam

"with woman #1 being coated with custard, ketchup and some kind of powder"

Now I know I don't regret leaving before this dreadful movie was over.

Comment

Working...
      X