Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hopes and Dreams

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Mahalo for the kind words and wishes you give to my Soul Mate and me.

Auntie Lynn

Here's hoping I find one ol dem fer me-self, if not it sure nice to know that someone like you found one I recon it make's my heart a little warmer but till than I'll be riding off into the sunset , I've got me some work to do...and a dream to acomplish in the meantime
    Last edited by Pedro; May 11, 2006, 08:16 PM.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
      Here's hoping I find one ol dem fer me-self, if not it sure nice to know that someone like you found one I recon it make's my heart a little warmer but till than I'll be riding off into the sunset , I've got me some work to do...and a dream to acomplish in the meantime
      Wow! You'll find all you're hoping to find.

Never stop Dreaming Pedro!

Dreams do come TRUE!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Wow! You'll find all you're hoping to find.

Never stop Dreaming Pedro!

Dreams do come TRUE!

Auntie Lynn

Ahhhhhh....shucks thank you kindly fer them nice words , it's about that time I turn in fer the night, I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow, goodnight, and I'll be thinking about what you said

Comment

Congrats Auntie Lynn!

As for my hopes and dreams...they're ever evolving. Have been since I was a wee one.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut (but I think this is every kids dream)...then I wanted to fly with the Blue Angels or join the air force and fly really fast planes, but my eyes are too bad and my math skills at the time were horrendous (much better now, thank you...still can't see though).

I almost joined the air force when I was 19 and then realized it would be a huge mistake. If I had joined, I probably wouldn;'t have met (remet?) my husband. So, I suppose it was good on many levels I didn't join.

I also wanted to travel the world as a kid...still do. cCheck off Canada and Britain.

When I about 12 I swore I would never get married or have kids. I got married...and have been for a wonderful nine years. Still haven't had kids, that's up for debate. If I'm healthy (my father was diagnosed at 36 with cancer, I'm 31) we'll have kids after I'm finished school. If not, then we'll be happy just the two of us.

My dream now is to either get a job in the gaming industry or to move to Hawaii. Or both, but I haven;'t seen any game companies in HI...

My hope is to finish school with honors (hurray for me, I'm getting my associates with honors in a week!)...that bachelor of science in computer science looks intimidating (the minor in physics-no problem!).

Sorry for babbling. Finals are finally over!

Comment

Aloha! flying snow! I think every child's dream is to become an astronaut. I did too. The star's, the universe, our imagination as children takes us far into space and beyond. What magical times.

Congratulations on completing your educational dreams. Don't stop there. Never stop learning and pursuing knowledge. It is the most precious gift we can give ourselves. With it - we can help others and make dreams come true!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Never stop learning and pursuing knowledge. It is the most precious gift we can give ourselves. With it - we can help others and make dreams come true!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
              That's a good one there!!.

When I was kid, I liked animals so much that I wanted to help them to get better when they are sick, so I wanted to be a veternarian. I don't know how long that dream was in me that I kept.

In my 20's, I met some really nice deaf people, so I wanted to communicate with them, & so I decided to learn ASL (American Sign Language).

Well....

In short of a loooong story, much later in years which is the present, my dreams have changed, so, I decided I wanted to be an interpreter for which I am going to college to study to be an interpreter (for the deaf).

I am so glad that I chose this dream instead of being a doctor for animals. I have met such wonderful people, both deaf & non deaf (which we are called: "hearing") people. MY hopes are: to become a wonderful profesional interpreter.

That's my hopes & dreams.

Aloha.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Oh wow this is embarrassing but true and you can tell I'm a product of the MTV/Heavy Metal/Glam Rock 80's (with teenage sisters at the time) when I say this...

When I was a very young one back then did I want to be a doctor? No.

A nurse? No.

An actress? No.

How about an astronaut? Not at all, except when I watched Spacecamp. Then I'd be over it 10 minutes later.

How about a lawyer? Nope!

A rock video vixen, preferably just like Tawny Kitaen?

BINGO!

Yes, I wanted to grow up to do cartwheels and splits on the hoods of cars. What ambition I had. She was very cool to me back when I was 9 years old.

I'm happy to let you all know I grew out of those dreams at least a year ago! (j/k) I did have more nice ambitions than those but I was sooo going to do that as a career. I was also going to marry Bret Michaels of Poison. But every year my dream man changed (sometimes monthly!) so that's nothing too exciting. We should start a thread on childhood/teenage years celebrity crushes!

Oh and yes I know what's become of Tawny Kitaen. I watched The Surreal Life and E! True Hollywood Story. I'm glad I went with that medical school back up plan after all!
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

My hope's and dreams was always to leave Hawaii and go to the mainland and also to travell around the world. I am living a part of that dream since I will be going to Utah in July. I am still young so I will travel around the world. One part of my dream was to go to school but I always put it off everytime, but I will make that dream come true, another dream was to act in performance arts and stuff. I got to go up on stage for a poetry jam last year at the Ala Moana Hotel and read a poem of mine's but I was unprepared at the time. I didn't do very well but I liked it, and it was great to be in front all those people. Some people liked my poem so I guess I did O.K. My other dream is to write a book but I am so darn dyslexic, I was born with that dreadful curse

Comment

I HOPE THAT ONE DAY.. ISLAN GUAHAN COULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE independence and soveriengtyyyyy. put the power in the hands of the roots and let them lead the wayayayayayy. [thats a great song huh]... and i hope i could please God somehow.
                    Ebb And Flow

Comment

I'm already starting my dream: to have a computer business.

But my goal is to have a brick 'n mortar store and a recognizable name.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                        and a recognizable name.
                        It's Piewhacket!

no?

Pie hacker!

uh...Pie Chart hanky!

still?

uh... whywhack!

sorry.

Comment

"You can't just wish and hope for something to come true. You have to make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            It's Piewhacket!
                            My sister had a pet albino rat by that name. But he didn't fix computers. No comparison with Adrian whatsoever.

Comment

My dream is to become a world famous ichthyologist and host my own show on Discovery Channel.
                              "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                              "But I can't even read good."
                              "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                              "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X