Name that person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that person

This certain author wrote a story about a young girl who gets whisked away on an adventure into another world there she encounters a world of different characters one in particular goes after her for her shoes. And while she is running from this person she meets up with three characters who follow her on her quest. This author wrote this story at the age of 44. You might know the story he wrote becuase there was a movie that was sort of like a musical which is now owned by Sony picture's by the way but recently their was also a musical called "Wicked" which is the prequel to his time classic story and was featured in broadway that won some tony awards as well, but wasn't written by him. Who is this auther I am speaking of that created this childrens story that became a movie which everyone has to have seen at least once in their life time.
    Last edited by Pedro; May 14, 2006, 12:44 AM.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
      This certain author wrote a story about a young girl who gets whisked away on an adventure into another world there she encounters a world of different characters one in particular goes after her for her shoes. And while she is running from this person she meets up with three characters who follow her on her quest. This author wrote this story at the age of 44. You might know the story he wrote becuase there was a movie that was sort of like a musical which is now owned by Sony picture's by the way but recently their was also a musical called "Wicked" which is the prequel to his time classic story and was featured in broadway that won some tony awards as well, but wasn't written by him. Who is this auther I am speaking of that created this childrens story that became a movie which everyone has to have seen at least once in their life time.
      Da Wizard of Oz

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=Miulang]Da Wizard of Oz

You got the name of the story but who created it?

Comment

[QUOTE=Pedro]
          Originally posted by Miulang
          Da Wizard of Oz

You got the name of the story but who created it?
          L. Frank Baum
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=Miulang]
            L. Frank Baum
            CORRECT! NOw I have to think of something else to throw at you guys not to worry, I will come up with something interesting, but good one Miulang

Comment

A certain Monk who was born in the 6th century of India was taught Buddhism and later he travelled to China to teach this belief along his way he visited a certain Shaolin Temple at Song Chan. He went their to translate Buddhist texts from Sanskrit to Chinese. But when he got there he was refused admittance and was rejected by the monks. He went to a nearby cave and meditated for nine long years or so legend say's and when he came out of the cave he started teaching the monks who at the time were weak in mind and body, how to do Chi Gung which later turned into Kung Fu. He also introduce Chan Budhism which is called "Zen" Can anyone tell me who this monk is?

Comment

A certain Monk who was born in the 6th century of India was taught Buddhism and later he travelled to China to teach this belief along his way he visited a certain Shaolin Temple at Song Chan. He went their to translate Buddhist texts from Sanskrit to Chinese. But when he got there he was refused admittance and was rejected by the monks. He went to a nearby cave and meditated for nine long years or so legend say's and when he came out of the cave he started teaching the monks who at the time were weak in mind and body, how to do Chi Gung which later turned into Kung Fu. He also introduce Chan Budhism which is called "Zen" Can anyone tell me who this monk is?
                'twas Bodhidharma, the first patriarch of Ch'an Buddhism. He is symbolized today by the red "Daruma" dolls that can be found in many Buddhist temples and at festivals.

Miulang

Comment

'twas Bodhidharma, the first patriarch of Ch'an Buddhism. He is symbolized today by the red "Daruma" dolls that can be found in many Buddhist temples and at festivals.

Miulang

Miulang - You ROCK and your answer is CORRECT! I'll come up with another one.

Comment

This person was the leader of a cult who commited suicide in hopes they could travel space and time by hitching a ride on the tale of a comet.

What was the cult and leader's name?
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                      This person was the leader of a cult who commited suicide in hopes they could travel space and time by hitching a ride on the tale of a comet.

Marshall Herf "Do" Applewhite and his group was called "Heaven's Gate"

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai

That cult was called Heavens gate and I believe the leader's name was Marshal Applewhite. I hope hope I am right........Muilang your fast. I got one and I will post it right on the bottom it's still on China though.

Comment

On the same subject of "cults"...who's the only cult leader who's ever been on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted Criminals list, and why was he put on that list?

Miulang

Comment

This Chinese General was born in 1103AD in the era of the Song Dynasty. His mother tatooed on his back these words "Jin Zhong Bao Guo" which meant Loyalty and Patriotism. When he was young he swore he would recapture the lost territory in the North of China that was over run by the Jins and free the two Emperors held captive at the time. He joined the Chinese military and rose to the ranks. He started waging battles with the Jin and he was routing them North it was said that he once defeated an enemy said to be 500,000 strong with only 800 soldiers on the outskirts of today's Kaifeng. This General was called back from his duties and was betrayed by the Chinese Prime Minister Qin Hui who cited him for treason and had the general and his son executed.

Who is this General?

Comment

On the same subject of "cults"...who's the only cult leader who's ever been on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted Criminals list, and why was he put on that list?

Miulang
                              Warren Jeff's because of some sex charges. Am I right?

Comment

Warren Jeff's because of some sex charges. Am I right?
                                Yup. He's the head of the FLDS and he must've really pissed off somebody in local or national government to get put on the same list as murderers. There's a $100,000 bounty on his head. Maybe you'll spock him when you move to Layton, Pedro!

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X