Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polynesian/Tribal Tattoos

Originally posted by smoot
    Another thing that gets me kinda mad is people who wear crucifixes or crosses as jewelry who aren't Christian.
    Many ancient cultures, such as Celts, used crosses as part of their life. It often represented the world divided into four elements or aspects. Crosses pre-date Christianity by centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      I'm getting my new avatar tattooed onto my upper righthand (backside of) shoulder soon. The drawing stands just under 4" tall. Gonna be full color too!
      If you have no other tattooing on your back I would caution you. Shoulder pieces pretty much spoil any chance of a proper scale centralized backpiece in the future.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
        If you have no other tattooing on your back I would caution you. Shoulder pieces pretty much spoil any chance of a proper scale centralized backpiece in the future.
        I have a Sailboat (being a sailor) on the other side already. A Pegasus (the freedom to go anywhere, I used to have when single) on my chest, left side and a mountain with a path (symbolizing life's struggle and accomplishments) on my right upper arm.

"Life's a winding road, with a great view. You never know what's around the next corner."
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

A Pegasus (the freedom to go anywhere, I used to have when single) on my chest
          [snag mode on]But now that you are no longer single, even though you may not have "the freedom to go anywhere," have you found that you can and do go places you never could or would have while alone?[snag mode off]

Comment

I think my hubby and I are endangered species; Hawaiians in our 30s and 40s without any tatoos whatsoever.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
              I think my hubby and I are endangered species; Hawaiians in our 30s and 40s without any tatoos whatsoever.
              When my wife was tattooing her oldest first timer was 78yrs old.
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                But now that you are no longer single, even though you may not have "the freedom to go anywhere," have you found that you can and do go places you never (1) could or (2) would have while alone?
                (1) Being married for a wonderful 15 years now to a terrific lady has not gotten me to anyplace that I couldn't have gone to before. I really don't get this part?

(2) But on the otherhand I have now been to many places that I wouldn't have chose to go to before. And have even enjoyed them!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

(1) Being married for a wonderful 15 years now to a terrific lady has not gotten me to anyplace that I couldn't have gone to before. I really don't get this part?

(2) But on the otherhand I have now been to many places that I wouldn't have chose to go to before. And have even enjoyed them!
                  I wasn't limiting it to merely the physical places we can "go," y'see...

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                    When my wife was tattooing her oldest first timer was 78yrs old.
                    yeah, that might be me....getting my eyeliner, eyebrows and lips done, because by then I should be a makeup freak.

Hubby might tatoo on some hair.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by smoot
                      I saw a tv show where an American goes to live with a tribe (I forget where).
                      It's the series "Going Tribal" on Discovery Channel if I'm not mistaken, he lives with many tribes from many places.

Also, the wearing of a cross if one is not Christian, I don't think Smoot ment any cross. Sure crosses have been parts of many different cultures but Crucifixes (and crosses obviously inspired by that image) that many non-Christians were as bling is what I believe Smoot was trying to get at.
                      Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; August 2, 2006, 02:34 PM.
                      "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                      "But I can't even read good."
                      "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                      "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

http://images.oldglory.com/product/002145OOTSc.jpg

http://www.fantasyrogue.com/photos/b...4/496x375.aspx
                        Last edited by kimo55; August 2, 2006, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaina
                          How do you guys feel about non-Pacific Islanders (non Hawaiian/Samoan/Tahitian/etc) having Polynesian motiff tattoos?
                          I'm against it. Just like I'm against non Japanese people getting Japanese phrases tattoed on. I find it to be somewhat of an insult to those who hold meaning with the designs.

But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Manö'iki
                            But that's just me.
                            that's you... and legions of others too.

Comment

on tangent, what is up with people plastering kanji on their neck?!?! It grosses me out!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                                on tangent, what is up with people plastering kanji on their neck?!?! It grosses me out!
                                The kanji itself, or the location of the ink?

Comment

Working...
                                X