Who has an iPod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has an iPod?

I always wanted to ask this question here, but I always forgot.

For those who has MP3 players, do you have an iPod, or another company's MP3 player? Or do you have both?
    Yes.
    76.32%
    Yes, and I have another portable MP3/music player.
    7.89%
    No, but I have another portable MP3/music player.
    10.53%
    No, I do not have any portable MP3/music players.
    5.26%
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who doesn't have an iPod?

I don't even have a portable MP3 player and an iPod.

Comment

Re: Who has an iPod?

We've had several iPod and MP3 player threads, including this one.

My wife and I both have 5G video iPods. We've been on board since the 3G 15GB iPod. We love them.

To each their own, of course. There are some other great players out there, often with more features for less money.

Comment

I got a 40GB 4th Gen iPod.
        Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Love, love, love my iPod(s)! I often use it in auditions to play sound effects or background music for non-speaking roles. I now have the video version that holds all of my talent photos...no more hard copies! YAY!!! I downloaded a 1 1/2 hour 'Inside the Actor's Studio' with Dave Chappell to watch when I'm in a doc's or DDS's waiting room! I haven't figured out yet if there's a feature that allows one to stop the video part way thru then be able to pick up where one left off the next time that video is played. PZ? Do you know?

Comment

Okay, someone edited my poll. I just want to know who has an iPod (it seems to have a cult following on the other forums I posted this at), as the topic question reflected that.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

TutuSue, don't forget Paul's suggestion of turning your car's cassette jukebox into a Multi-iPod changer!

I don't own an iPod - nor have I owned any personal stereo gadget in the last 10 years - for the simple fact that I don't care for wearing earphones.

Most of my music listening is done while I drive or at work listening to broadcast radio or at home watching concerts in surround sound on DVD, which I find much more fulfilling.
              Last edited by Pomai; May 20, 2006, 10:22 AM.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I own 2 iPods.. 1 40GB iPod Photo (4th gen) and 1 512mb iPod Shuffle. The bigger one is used at home (connected to home stereo system) and the smaller one goes with me nearly everywhere. Also have an accessory connector for the shuffle that allows me to play it through my car radio.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My sister is hinting that my niece would love to have one for her birthday. Is there a store out near Pearlridge / Mililani / Waikele that sells them? I'd rather avoid Ala Moana if possible, although that's not a huge issue.

I checked the online store; man, they're still pricy, aren't they?

I don't have a portable music player at all, unless you count an old Fisher boombox.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

at the suggestion of my brother, who has the biggest baddest Ipod you can buy - I just purchased a refurbished one through the Apple Store online. It's the 20G model with color screen, holds 5000 songs, photos etc. Cost was $199 as opposed to original price of $299. I'm perfectly happy with it - so far, I still have room for 4600 more songs!

Bro also suggested that I get the Apple protection plan which I did. That extended warranty to 2 full years for both parts/labor & call in support.

ok - now its back to burning up my dvd drive, loading songs into Itunes............I'm having fun listening to some stuff I haven't played in a very long time! bye bye...........................
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                      My sister is hinting that my niece would love to have one for her birthday. Is there a store out near Pearlridge / Mililani / Waikele that sells them? I'd rather avoid Ala Moana if possible, although that's not a huge issue.
                      Doesn't CompUSA sell iPods? Also if you, your sister or your niece (or any close family member) either works for or is a student of the UH system can buy an iPod from the UH Bookstore.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                        BEST BUY at the former Tony Honda site, across Waimalu Shopping Center. They also have a dizzying selection of "podcessories".

Costco in Waipio should also carry it.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

WalMart sells some iPods. I think you can check the new WalMart near Pearl Highlands or whatever one that has the Sam's Club. Also BestBuy sells them and I think they may also be available at Circuit City.
                          Last edited by mel; May 20, 2006, 02:11 PM. Reason: fixed wrong info
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                            TutuSue, don't forget Paul's suggestion of turning your car's cassette jukebox into a Multi-iPod changer!
                            Let's see...to do that I'll need 4 more iPods and 6 cassette adapters. All donations gladly accepted. PM me for my address!
                            I don't own an iPod - nor have I owned any personal stereo gadget in the last 10 years - for the simple fact that I don't care for wearing earphones.
                            That's what initially prevented me from buying an iPod. Well that...and the price! I just don't like ear buds or headphones or anything like that. But, there are some really nifty accessories (speakers both large and small; expensive and not so expensive, fm transmitters, clock/radio/iPod player, yada, yada). With my first iPod I never used the ear buds and bought a PodFreq instead. That allowed me to play it thru the sound systems at home, in the car and at the office. I also have a very small, inexpensive, fold-up speaker thingie that works fine when in a quiet area. But, with the video iPod I need to tolerate the ear buds when watching a video and waiting in a public area...which isn't all that often.

Most of my music listening is done while I drive or at work listening to broadcast radio or at home watching concerts in surround sound on DVD, which I find much more fulfilling.
                            Hmmm...I bet watching those concerts at your home is one heckuva lot better than watching 'em on my $120. tv set!

Oh, and I discovered earlier today that when a video is stopped, it resumes at that spot when turned on again...just like songs! Duh on me!

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                              Okay, someone edited my poll. I just want to know who has an iPod (it seems to have a cult following on the other forums I posted this at), as the topic question reflected that.
                              How was your poll edited, Adrian? Were we not supposed to post any comments? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Comment

Working...
                              X