Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has an iPod?

Originally posted by tutusue
    Realistically, Liberty, replacing the 3G's battery might make better financial sense. I'm remembering you're not that far out of high school! Yes, the photo and video features of the 5G are very cool, but...hmmm...I'm sounding like a mother so I'll keep quiet now!
    I just Googled about battery replacement and found it actually costs less than what I expected... $59 and under. I think I'll consider this. Thanks for the advice mommy!

Then, again, you could always list the 3G on eBay.
    I've thought about this too, but didn't want to sell somone an iPod with a significantly reduced battery life. Perhaps I could replace the battery and then sell it on eBay...

Comment

If your iPod still works, I'd stick with it. Especially since the 5G revision is, in Apple time, getting a bit long in the tooth. Something else will come down the pipe, probably the day after you plunk down your cash.

We had a 15GB iPod, and loved it. It only got retired because it hit the ground and died. Get the battery replaced, or, buy one of those external battery packs, at least to rescue you on those days the battery doesn't last the whole trip.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        If your iPod still works, I'd stick with it.
        My rationale for sticking with my iPod, in a nutshell.

And I completely forgot that I had an external battery pack... I just fished it out from hiding. Thanks for bringing that up, Ryan. (There's something to stick in my messenger bag.) It's a pack that runs on alkaline batteries, though, so I need to get me a pack of those...
        Last edited by liberty; May 27, 2006, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
          [...]I think I'll consider this. Thanks for the advice mommy! [...]
          Any time, dear! Sometimes I think we're just one, big, extended, multi-ethnic family in Waianae.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
            [...]I've thought about this too, but didn't want to sell somone an iPod with a significantly reduced battery life. Perhaps I could replace the battery and then sell it on eBay...
            You can still sell it on eBay with reduced battery life. Just disclose that in the listing in bold, maybe even stating how long the battery lasts (for fun you might mention "the battery lasts from Honolulu to Waianae" (or wherever it dies! j/k, of course!) and let whoever buys it be responsible for a new battery. Ya never know...there may be someone out there with a broken 3G that still has a decent battery they can swap out. Seriously, If you decide to sell it with a low battery, my unsolicited advice would be to enclose a print-out of the listing in the box with the iPod...and highlight the disclosure! Just some motherly advice!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              You can still sell it on eBay with reduced battery life [...] Just some motherly advice!
              Thanks again tutusue (a.k.a. "mommy"), as well as Ryan, for the tips! From discussing this here and thinking it through, I've reaffirmed that it'd be best to keep the 3G for now.

Comment

Got the 2gig Nano a month ago and I am still amazed at the size!

I like to get my Apple products from Apple's Refurbished store most of the time, beats the student price. My theory on this is if it broke once (fingers crossed) it shouldn't break again..... Just make sure you buy the extended care!

Comment

I own two 4G IPOD minis. I changed my own battery on one of them already.

Comment

Working...
                  X