Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

Default The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

Aloha Everyone,

We've been working on a night cache and because of the combination of an early full moon rise next Saturday night and the arrival of ShadowAce and family, TGB has elected to do an unofficial pre-release of it. This will be a one time chance to do the cache and honor the birthday of our enthusiatic caching visitors. The cache hunt will be changed around a bit and officially released on GC.com in the next full moon cycle for those locals who want to do it at another time.

This is cache hunt is not an official event and if you making a choice between the Bellows Event the next day and this hunt, please attend the Bellows Event. TGB will not be able to attend this event and we wanted to do something fun for ShadowAce and his family. If you start this hunt at sundown and not elect to stay up and enjoy the amazing view, you could be down to your car easily by 9:00pm.

Cache instructions can be found at our Sunset Cache GCPRBF from 5:30pm to 7:00pm next Saturday Night 6/10. First possible start for the hunt: 7:45pm.

Bring:
    Strong Flashlight (duh)
    Windbreaker
    Booty for Sunset Cache
    Boots (this is normally a tennis shoe hike but there's a few sections that you will need to go off the asphalt)

Team GeoBlast and The Twisted Kitty

Default Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

About that 7:45pm start time - what exactly does that mean? Is that the time we can actually grab the cache with our grubby hands, or is that the time we can leave our domiciles, start the hike, download the cache page, what, exactly? Wouldn't want to break the 'rules'...

Quote Originally Posted by salmoned
    About that 7:45pm start time - what exactly does that mean? Is that the time we can actually grab the cache with our grubby hands, or is that the time we can leave our domiciles, start the hike, download the cache page, what, exactly? Wouldn't want to break the 'rules'...
    It's a night cache. Only rules are that you can't start hunting until the moon is up and the sun is down. Daytime caching will be futile as the clues won't we usable or available for that matter.

Are you guys (TGB) also doing it at 7:30?
    backwoodlessons2

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodlessons2
    Are you guys (TGB) also doing it at 7:30?
    We will be there and along for the ride.

Of course, we already have the FTF because we hid it. We'll have to see how many people come. It might be a small group that could go all at once or maybe we could go in teams. Trying to keep this as informal as possible but if anyone is definately going to come, it might be good to get a head count.

Quote Originally Posted by salmoned
    I don't think I did a very good job of answering this question, sorry. At everyone's own pace, we will meet up at Sacred Sunset Cache (GCPRBF) for the start of this hunt. Some might want to come up early and watch the sun fall in the sky or maybe even do the Hawaii 02 below this cache. There was a little talk of a little bubbly at around sundown but that could be rumor.

Depending on how many people show... the first wave or all of us will head out once it is sufficently dark. Like I said in the earlier post, this cache is best done at night due to the the special effects/laser beams/and fireworks involved.

Just so everyone knows, we are rating this a 1.5/ 1.5... you are guaranteed a find!

Unfortunately I cannot attend. I have a softball game (with my church).
    backwoodlessons2

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodlessons2
    Unfortunately I cannot attend. I have a softball game (with my church).
    You are playing a church? I'd suggest bunting as much as possible. I hear they are very slow moving and will never be able to make the throw to first in time.

Also, I suppose the hard question needs to be asked here Brenden. You asked if TGB would attend, we answered yes, then you declined. Should we stay away??

Post Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

This sounds like a lot of fun. However, there might be a slim chance of us attending. I will be working all day and will haveto ask to go home early. I will letyou know for sure as it gets closer. I cant wait...
    If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. --Gail Sheehy

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer73
    This sounds like a lot of fun. However, there might be a slim chance of us attending. I will be working all day and will haveto ask to go home early. I will letyou know for sure as it gets closer. I cant wait...
    Now how cool is that twirly thing? When I started on this board, I posted jibberish (okay, so not much has changed) to get rid of the Kieki by my name but if I had that twirly, I might have been okay with it.

Sorry you can't make it up Saturday SS. I've been doing alot of work up there and it's shaping up to be a pretty fun cache. It's coming to a cache page near you next full moon.

Well TGB, I did not say we would not show up. I will do some dealin' to get off early. If so, when and where will we meet? We want to go up for the moonrise/dark. We will use your secret parking spot. Can it handle many vehicles?
    If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. --Gail Sheehy

Knowing full well in advance that TGB will be there , I will attend. Should I bring special eye protection for the laser beams and other effects?

Quote Originally Posted by captain.ron
    Should I bring special eye protection for the laser beams and other effects?
    I should have put another smiley after this question. Those unfamiliar with my state of dementia might have thought I was actually serious.

Well TGB, I did not say we would not show up. I will do some dealin' to get off early. If so, when and where will we meet? We want to go up for the moonrise/dark. We will use your secret parking spot. Can it handle many vehicles?
    Great, glad to see you might be able to make it SS. If these current conditions hold the moorise will be incredible up there.

We will meet ShadowAce and his family up at Sunset Cache GCPRBF a little before sundown ...or 6:30ish. You should allow at least 45 minutes to get up the hill from your car and a little time to sign the log book and obtain instructions for the night cache. I have updated the Sacred Sunset cache page a bit in the last few days to include a waypoint for the trailhead too.

The parking is a street with no restrictions, so yes, we could park a fleet of cars there. It's also not a secret anymore . It's the next (and only) right after you pass Lunalillo Home Road headed up the hill to H-Bay. Just turn and park.

Exclamation Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

I sooo wish I could come, but alas... it cannot be.
    Still haven't made it to Sacred Sunset for Sunset !
    I'm going to try real hard for Sunday (probably too tired) night after The Bellows Beach Bash or Monday (more realistic) night. Will I still be able to try for "The Sacred Moonrise" cache then?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menehune Man
    I sooo wish I could come, but alas... it cannot be.
    Still haven't made it to Sacred Sunset for Sunset !
    I'm going to try real hard for Sunday (probably too tired) night after The Bellows Beach Bash or Monday (more realistic) night. Will I still be able to try for "The Sacred Moonrise" cache then?
    Hey Jeff.

No, this is a one time shot especially for ShadowAce and his family. I am going to take it down after Saturday NIght and begin the final touches needed place to post it up officially on GC.com next full moon cycle. Stay tuned, I hope you can get to it when it comes back up...I think it is shaping up to be a pretty fun one.

We'll miss ya on Saturday Night, I hope everyone has fun on Sunday. We really wish we could come out.

Mike

Talking Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Team GeoBlast
    Great, glad to see you might be able to make it SS. If these current conditions hold the moorise will be incredible up there.

We will meet ShadowAce and his family up at Sunset Cache GCPRBF a little before sundown ...or 6:30ish. You should allow at least 45 minutes to get up the hill from your car and a little time to sign the log book and obtain instructions for the night cache. I have updated the Sacred Sunset cache page a bit in the last few days to include a waypoint for the trailhead too.

The parking is a street with no restrictions, so yes, we could park a fleet of cars there. It's also not a secret anymore . It's the next (and only) right after you pass Lunalillo Home Road headed up the hill to H-Bay. Just turn and park.
    TGB,
    Thanks for all the info, buuuuutt, I have on more logistical question for you. When you mentioned meeting Shadowace at the cache, was that AT the actual cache or at the trailhead? I would like to join you all (or at least TGB) on the hike up. When can I meet up with you all at the trail. I will not keep you waiting...

TGB,
    Thanks for all the info, buuuuutt, I have on more logistical question for you. When you mentioned meeting Shadowace at the cache, was that AT the actual cache or at the trailhead? I would like to join you all (or at least TGB) on the hike up. When can I meet up with you all at the trail. I will not keep you waiting...
    Well, TGB has to be up the hill a little earlier on that day and will be engaged in top secret activities during that time. If you saw what we were doing, it would spoil your night cache hunt. Everyone is going to meet at the cache for the sunset. I'll email you my cell phone number if you have a problem finding the cache or if there's something I can help you out with ahead of time. We'll cruize down wit ya.

Thumbs up Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

Well, TGB has to be up the hill a little earlier on that day and will be engaged in top secret activities during that time. If you saw what we were doing, it would spoil your night cache hunt. Everyone is going to meet at the cache for the sunset. I'll email you my cell phone number if you have a problem finding the cache or if there's something I can help you out with ahead of time. We'll cruize down wit ya.
    TGB,
    Gotcha . I will see you all at the cache site.

SS73

TGB,
    Gotcha . I will see you all at the cache site.

SS73
    Cool, I was up at the cache site to see the sun come up today (Friday). If the horizon is clear like it was this morning.... this will be an absolutely epic moonviewing night. Are you bringing the SS family too?

Talking Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

Cool, I was up at the cache site to see the sun come up today (Friday). If the horizon is clear like it was this morning.... this will be an absolutely epic moonviewing night. Are you bringing the SS family too?
    Unfortunately, the hike and dark conditions would make it difficult to track Sidekick. So only I will be there, but will document it all on my camera so I can share it with them after. Can't wait.

SS73

will document it all on my camera so I can share it with them after. Can't wait.
    And if you can, can you post some pics on this website. I would have liked to go but have a previous commitment.
    backwoodlessons2

Unhappy Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

My relief for work decided to take the day off. So, looks like I will have to get to this one next full moon cycle. Hope you all had a good time and yes please post some pics for us all to admire...Hopefully the clouds cleared up for you all. Of all days for there to be clouds and ruin all the clear skies we have had for the past week.

So, looks like I will have to get to this one next full moon cycle.
    I believe the next full moon will be on Sunday July 8th. Unfortunately I'll be off island having other fun at that time. Have fun and I'll try for August!

Thumbs up Re: The Sacred Moonrise and The Case of The Twisted Kitty

I've been watching the most beautiful full moon every chance I can tonight from the Great Lawn of the Bishop Museum. Thinking of you all that went. So I was with you in Spirit if not in the flesh.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast