Comment

Re: Trump... Waikiki??

Originally posted by kimo55
      buzz'es too.
      help?
      Blasphemy

Comment

I hope the Donald decides on a different spot to set down camp stilts.

Comment

can't figure out...(thinkin'...)

Comment

More on the Trump Tower in today's Star-Bulletin:
            Besides a suite of several outdoor glass elevators, the Trump Tower is expected to offer an infinity pool, full- service spa, cascading sixth-floor waterfall, pool cabanas, wine cellar, 24-hour front desk, fine dining and incredible attention to detail, according to the never-modest Trump. The rooms come furnished, and will offer finishes in koa wood, granite and marble. Kitchens will come with Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances. The "carefully nuanced" tower, according to Trump, will be a "building with true Hawaiian soul" and have the "finest of everything."
            Ho boy. Anyway, units will have an average selling price of $2 million, and the lot at Saratoga and Kalia roads is already being cleared. You can visit the sales preview office off Kalakaua and see a miniature version of the tower, and watch a Trump video pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              [...]and watch a Trump video pitch.
              Ummm...no thanks. I won't even watch The Apprentice!!!

Comment

I hate to say this, but I'd love to live there. I felt an odd sense of longing when I read the story in the paper, as if I were MEANT to live that way. Maybe if I get that raise next year...
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                  I hate to say this, but I'd love to live there. I felt an odd sense of longing when I read the story in the paper, as if I were MEANT to live that way. Maybe if I get that raise next year...

Scrivener--
                  I know the wife of the guy who is in town to do the sales for this very structure. Want me to hook you up?
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Trump..the man who put a HUGE sign on his NY new building saying "If you want a view BUY HERE"! Or something similiar.... Because he destroyed the views of the park for 2 other buildings, and the neighbors complained....

Such a great attitude! Not everything is business first!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                      I know the wife of the guy who is in town to do the sales for this very structure. Want me to hook you up?
                      Thanks, but I don't go for married women.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well, Blue, while Trump does everything with an arrogant attitude, when it comes to high rises (or homes, for that matter) and views, losing your view to another, newer, taller building between you and said view is always a risk. Unless you're living right on the park, you're just betting that someone doesn't pick up those adjacent blocks and build into your sightline.

Like I said above, the tower itself is ginormous and obnoxous, but not moreso than some of the other glass and steel monstrosities that've gone up in the past twenty years. The fact that Trump's name is attached, and the fact that he's arrogant and doesn't careif that bugs you, is primarily why he's gonna get reliably pilloried.

Well, that and claiming that this thing will have "true Hawaiian soul." Ye gods.

But like Scriv, if one of those units fell into my hands, I probably wouldn't turn my nose up at it. Though I'd probably sell it to buy three houses on twenty acres on the Big Island instead.

Comment

I didn't say I was against it I just don't find his arrogance....hmm...what's the right word....Necessary! That's all.

Besides my opinion doesn't really count anyways!

I am not next door to it!
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                            Thanks, but I don't go for married women.
                            I tell ya...there are some funny one liners on HT tonight! Is everyone hittin' the bottle or wot?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                              guy who is in town to do the sales for this very structure. Want me to hook you up?
                              uh. t'aint so exclusive. not long ago damn near EVERY broker here in Hawaii was contacted and given a heavy sales pitch to get behind this dag blasted thang to pre sell it out.

Comment

So are you saying you won't come over when I send out my cocktail party invites? Julia Roberts will be there, if that's any kind of draw.
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X