Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food Blogs: Post your Favorite

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    Take a moment to raise your cups to Reid at OnoKineGrindz who has officially ceased blogging for the time being. I hope to see him back soon and send best wishes for many, many wonderful meals.
    Reid's still alive and kicking. Just burnt out on food blogging. I get that way sometimes, too. It can be all-consuming (no pun intended).

Scrivener is partially to blame for getting me started on food blogging, thanks to this thread.

On the plus-side (not body-wise!), it keeps you thinking about new ideas and inspires you to venture out.

On the minus-side, you're a slave to the food at hand, your camera, and your thought process, always trying to capture that "food moment". But how bad can THAT be?!

Ultimately, food is all about sharing the enjoyment of life, and worth writing about.

Ono Kine Grindz is the ultimate Hawaii Food Blog and sets the standard for all of us to aspire to. As long as the site stays online, it will be 'Googled' time and time again for, well, ONO KINE GRINDZ!.

Arigato and mahalo Reid for all you've done and will do in the future!

Kanpai!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      On the minus-side, you're a slave to the food at hand, your camera, and your thought process, always trying to capture that "food moment".
      As long as you enjoy doing it, it is truly fun. At this point for me, I like nothing better then to sit down to meal and not have to do any of those things. The luxury of simply being in that moment and not having to wait to get the perfect shot before I take a bite is sheer bliss. I truly do appreciate those (like you, Pomai) who embrace the adventure and the labor of food blogging.

Comment

First of all, I love revisiting old threads when returning to a topic we've previously discussed. Looking at the names and links from 2006-2007 definitely brings an appreciation of history that sometimes seems forgotten now that the web seems to move so much faster.

That said, I recently got it in my head to reassess where the Hawaii food blogging scene is at, and after carefully curating my bookmark list to account for blogs that stopped posting (or bloggers that moved away), and also finding a few new gems, I figured I might as well share it.

Here's a 2011 look at Hawaii Food Blogs, including links to blogs by Hawaii expats and to fondly remembered, but long abandoned, sites. As before, if you know of any others, please share!

(And yes, the Hawaii food blog list ended up sparking a whole new site that may someday be another food blog. It's a sickness, I tell you.)

Comment

Salamat !! What great sites !!

However, PZ, now that I've cut down on my trips to Hawaii, you go ahead and trip up my resolve to see the rest of the USA. I've never liked you, Ryan.
          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Working...
          X