Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food Blogs: Post your Favorite

Originally posted by pinakboy
    i neva eat nahting since july 6 das why!! lol i stay diet!!
    What? You no moa recipes for ono kine "diet" grines?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      I recently started The Tasty Island (shameless plug), where I need to work on discipline as far as updating it regularly. My last update was weeks ago. Ack! I spend more time on HT than on my own blog.
      Hi!

I really enjoyed your blog -- have bookmarked it so I will be able to check it out often.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by LemonBar
        Hi!

I really enjoyed your blog -- have bookmarked it so I will be able to check it out often.

Thank you!
        I agree! Good job
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          What? You no moa recipes for ono kine "diet" grines?

Miulang
          yah only get Atkins kine all protein, meat and veggies kine! i going start posting when all da leftovahz gone eh! lol
          Reggie aka pinakboy
          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
          Recipe Tube TV!
          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

With my Hawaii Political Blogs roll-call underway, of course I couldn't resist revisiting this thread to build a "Hawaii Food Blog" collection. There've been many great sites noted so far, some written by folks we know here at HT, so having toured them all and browsed their respective blogrolls, here's what I've got so far for Hawaii-focused or Hawaii-based food blogs (or feeds, like Kaukau Corner or the Hawaii section at eGullet Forums):Of course, there are lots of blogs by Hawaii expats elsewhere, but I'm starting at home. Any I've missed? I really want to stress test Google Reader.

Comment

Google Reader has had me revisiting my favorite food sites as well, so here are two that nobody's mentioned:

The Food Section
              The Petite Pig

That second one isn't updated very often, but it's written by Jess Dang, that cutie who was the first eliminated from The Next Food Network Star last spring.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Pomai's "Tasty Island Blog is great, and always makes me hungry.
                www.tastyisland.wordpress.com
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Heads up, blog-friendly foodies! Despite being somewhat quiet lately, Reid of 'Ono Kine Grindz was pleasantly surprised to learn that he is (again) a nominee for the Food Blog Awards for the "Restaurant Reviews" category. Voting is being conducted here at the Well Feed Network. Good luck, Reid! No matter what, you're a winner in my book.

The full list of nominees meanwhile, might give you some great new reading material.

Comment

I just dropped a vote in for Reid's OKG. He's been slackin' lately on posting, but still, his Blog is one of the best Hawaii has to offer. If you dig deep in his archives, he's got so much interesting content! Mahalo Ryan for the 411 on that!

Speaking of which, I just updated mine with a post about Sunny Side Pies in Wahiawa....

Sunny Side Blueberry Cream Pie. Image link goes to Tasty Island Food Blog
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Good job Pomai! thoses pies taste as good as they look?
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Heads up, blog-friendly foodies! Despite being somewhat quiet lately, Reid of 'Ono Kine Grindz was pleasantly surprised to learn that he is (again) a nominee for the Food Blog Awards for the "Restaurant Reviews" category. Voting is being conducted here at the Well Feed Network. Good luck, Reid! No matter what, you're a winner in my book.

The full list of nominees meanwhile, might give you some great new reading material.

reid is definitely a winner! he is a classy kinda guy, even when the rare troll pops up in his blog. and the pics he takes are drool-worthy. the beau and i, when discussing where to go to eat, often find ourselves saying, "reid says this place is really good," or "according to reid, this place is kinda bleh," as if he were someone we actually knew personally in real life. whether we really know him or not, we obviously hold his food opinions in high regard.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

There's a new food blog on the block! LocoKineGrindz.com. Two thorough reviews posted so far, star ratings and all.

Comment

My Google reader currently tracks:

Curd Nerds for cheese-lovers (and who's not a cheese-lover?).
                            Dessert First, mentioned earlier.
                            I Love Nacho Cheese, infrequently updated, but cute.
                            Rookie Cookery, one of my favorites.
                            Serious Eats.
                            SlashFood, another favorite. One regular feature I like is the "_______ in Sixty Seconds", where a quick run-down (with links) is given of a newspaper's food section, as in "The Boston Globe in Sixty Seconds," or of a whole magazine, as in "Every Day with Rachael Ray in Sixty Seconds."
                            The Tasting Room, with an emphasis on wine and food.
                            The Food Section, which I linked earlier.
                            Vinography, a wine blog.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              There's a new food blog on the block! LocoKineGrindz.com. Two thorough reviews posted so far, star ratings and all.
                              Thanks for linking me while I was validating, really do appreciate it! I've had some inspiration from other blogs like Ono Kine Grindz, and hope to provide the same kind of helpful reviews!
                              Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Take a moment to raise your cups to Reid at OnoKineGrindz who has officially ceased blogging for the time being. I hope to see him back soon and send best wishes for many, many wonderful meals.

Comment

Working...
                                X