Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camile or Jasmine: Who'll sell more records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camile or Jasmine: Who'll sell more records?

They both will get contracts, no doubt.

Nothing against Jas, but I think Camile will sell more records than Jasmine. The hip-hop-reggae-appeal is an advantage to Camile.

Whaddayah think?
    Jasmine Trias
    53.85%
    Camile Velasco
    46.15%

Re: Camile or Jasmine: Who'll sell more records?

My sister and Mom likes them both (being that they represented Hawaii well), and if they come out w/ their own albums, plus a "combo" album w/ the two of them singing, then they'd get a lot of money.

I'd say Jasmine will sell more because of her "range", but I won't be so sure about the sales on the mainland, because I think some people have a grudge against her because she was in the top 3.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I suppose the question would be, who will sell more records locally and who will sell more records nationally. Given the hip-hop/reggae observation, I suppose Camile might stand a chance locally, but nationally, I'm pretty sure Jasmine will do very well.

Yes, Jasmine had a bit of the John Stevens effect when she made the top three, but remember, nearly 90 percent of the votes she got were from outside Hawaii. We might have had tunnel vision, but it's clear that while she had many detractors, she had many fans as well on the Mainland.

I think she has the kind of appeal that would fit in the early-teen music market, the sort of stuff Disney puts out and plays on its radio network, at the very least, but she has the potential to make a mark in "adult contemporary" (a.k.a. basic pop) as well.

Part of her advantage is, frankly, that her "top three" competition is fairly weak. Between Jasmine, Fantasia and Diana, they'll all do about the same, I wager. It's when the LaToya album comes out that cash registers will probably really burn.

Comment

Jasmin for sure. She really has more of a mass appeal. and besides, she got waaaay more exposure.

Is it true she signed with a local record label already?

I heard she got hooked up with http://quietstorm.com/index-flash.html
        Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

I haven't seen any confirmation of that. Quiet Storm made a well-publicized offer, which, after it hit the wires, got mentioned in every subsequent story on American Idol (literally hundreds - use Google News). But since it's no secret that 19 Entertainment owns all their souls for a while, I figure the only real news is how Quiet Storm netted itself a million bucks' worth of global publicity on Jasmine's coattails.

Comment

Tamyra Gray's album tanked, and Justin Guarini got dropped from J Records after his debut sunk as well. And weren't there about three other runners-up that released albums this past summer? The only one I remember is Josh Gracin, only because he's narrowed his focus to Christian music and got airplay on CMT.

In other words, I'm voting for neither in terms of national scale.

But damn, the American Idol segments on the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog DVD are some funny ...

Comment

Jasmine is said to be, & sure seems to be a VERY sweet soul of a kid, but record contracts? Hits on the radio?! She is NOT that good, not yet, anyway. she sounds like one of maybe three of my cousins that sing so very well that they sing at some weddings, funerals and church affairs, plus of course at school, they sang. Many of them on that show were just this type of talent, except for a couple, and those couple had record producers ready to sign them up while the contest wasn't even decided, and rightfully so.
              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
              X