This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

I have the 1997 unaired pilot of Hawaii 5-0 if anyone would like to see it sometime let me know. It is not very good, the only thing okay about it is they keep the opening theme, updated it somewhat, strange to see Gary Busey and Russell Wong on top of the Ilikai, then seeing some of the old castmembers back, strange Chin Ho appears yet he was killed at the end of season 10.

I guess it was nice to invite everyone back, Danno appears as the governor and is shot during the opening of the show, some photos of the unaired show during the filming process can be viewed if you go back around to April 1997 on the Star Bulletin archives.

Aj

Comment

Any chance they'll release it on DVD or have they?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

If one believes the contents of IMDb for this project then no they haven't released yet. Will they in the future? That I have no idea. One thing that goes against it as being offered on as a standalone disc is the running time is 60 minutes, which is kind of short for a TV movie.

It might be on the disc set for the last season of the original Hawaii Five-O DVD run, whenever that comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by coop5054 View Post
          Side point........I think Matt Damon or Rick Schroder would make an excellent Danno. What do you think?

The Governor -James Mcarthur
          I can't think of anyone who could play McGarrett. Could they do CGI???

Just interested for fun......what do you think about the choices I mentioned?

For Mcgarrett? Harrison Ford or George Clooney? Alec Baldwin might have been a choice about 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            I wish they would release the TV series on DVD.
            I'm in the middle of watching about 5 years worth. From Netflix.

It's wonderful, but right in the middle of the hippie years, so the villains last night were unreal. I mean, laughable!! It was one with Sal Mineo in it, and the blonde girlfriend couldn't act worth a darn. It was awful! And the guys all saying, "Groovy" and "Cool", and "baby"...

But still good fun.
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by coop5054 View Post
              For Mcgarrett? Harrison Ford or George Clooney? Alec Baldwin might have been a choice about 10 years ago.
              Gerard Butler.

Unless you guys want to pair up Ocean 11's George Clooney and Matt Damon. I want Ken Watanabe as Chin Ho Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
                I'm in the middle of watching about 5 years worth. From Netflix.

It's wonderful, but right in the middle of the hippie years, so the villains last night were unreal. I mean, laughable!! It was one with Sal Mineo in it, and the blonde girlfriend couldn't act worth a darn. It was awful! And the guys all saying, "Groovy" and "Cool", and "baby"...

But still good fun.
                Was the murder of Sal Mineo ever solved? Other murders of celebrities that I don't know if there were any closure include Bob Crane, the actor who played the house painter on Murphy Brown who commited suicide after his girlfriend died mysteriously, and the Vietnamese actor in The Killing Fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Was the murder of Sal Mineo ever solved? Other murders of celebrities that I don't know if there were any closure include Bob Crane, the actor who played the house painter on Murphy Brown who commited suicide after his girlfriend died mysteriously, and the Vietnamese actor in The Killing Fields.
                  I found this.

And back to Hawai'i 5-0... it was weird/stupid whatever, because the main actor was Ricardo Montalban made to look Japanese; with a terrible "Japanese" accent! Why not just get a Japanese actor? I know, need the famous, right?
                  Aloha,
                  Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    I want Ken Watanabe as Chin Ho Kelly.
                    I want CraigWatanabe as Chin Ho Kelly!!
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

And back to Hawai'i 5-0... it was weird/stupid whatever, because the main actor was Ricardo Montalban made to look Japanese; with a terrible "Japanese" accent! Why not just get a Japanese actor? I know, need the famous, right?
                      * CFL lights up *

Heyyy! Why don't we cast Antonio Banderos as the Japanese villains?

* ducks *

Okay! I kid! I kid!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        I want CraigWatanabe as Chin Ho Kelly!!
                        Nah, he's more Zulu than Chin Ho.

Comment

I found this.

Khan!
                          Khan!
                          Khan!

Comment

I always thought actor Willem Dafoe looked the most like Jack Lord, but he may be too old to tackle on that role at this point in time. Matt Damon as Danno?

But do some of these actors want to play second fiddle to the lead star?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                              But do some of these actors want to play second fiddle to the lead star?
                              Matt Damon doesn't mind playing with the major all-star cast of Ocean's 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X