Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making Another Earth

Originally posted by i-hungry
    If we could fix another planet then why not fix earth?
    In a way, Al Gore responds to that in his film, An Inconvenient Truth. A documentary about global warming that's received favorable reviews from top scientists.

If Gore's movie bores you (hey it rhymes!), you can always opt for the "Hollywoodized" The Day After Tomorrow.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry
      If we could fix another planet then why not fix earth?

Because sometimes it's cheaper to just find another fixer-upper in better condition instead of trying to replace termite ridden joists. Since if during the Earth overhaul something goes desperately wrong where would we evacuate to? On another planet we just say, "Oh well" and find another planet to muck up.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        It is important to remember that there have been 5 (five) MAJOR extinctions on planet Earth wherein at least 50% or more of all species have died.

One was the Chixalube Comet that killed the dinosaurs. The earliest was the anaerobic extinction, which happened upon the invention of oxygen and photosynthesis.

Lucky for us, evolution is running just a tick faster than extinction. But try to convince a dogmatic pessimist of that fact.

We are due for another one with all the plastics and non biogegradables piling up. The anaerobes will again take over the earth.
        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mysteriou...095100738.html

A Parallel Universe.

Comment

Prepare for alien encounter now before it's too late, warn scientists (msn.com)

Aliens call us the crazee planet.

Comment

Working...
            X