Scary Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Driver

Today early in the morning this elderly lady about 67years old backed her car into a house on Bernice Street next to the Bishop Museum. The owner of the house use to let her park her car into the garage whenever she came around the area. She went into the middle of the roadway and reversed her car into the garage, all the while she was trying to slow her decent by stepping on the breaks instead she stepped on the gas. Her car went into the garage up the drive way bending the fence up the stairs thru the living room and down into the family room hitting the washer machine which flew out the wall into the back yard. Her car was wedged beneath the upper part of the house. Thankfully the house was vacant and she wasn't hurt the other good thing is that no one was injured or KILLED. Spooky DRIVER
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Scary Driver

Ahem! 67 (+/-) isn't really 'elderly'.

I wouldn't call her a spooky driver. Obviously something went awry. Lots of people of all ages have mistaken the gas pedal for the brake pedal or had their foot slip from one pedal to the other. A horrible mistake, to be sure, and thank goodness no one was injured. With 'elderly' drivers, sometimes a mistake like that can be caused by the sudden onset of a medical problem. Doesn't sound like it in this case tho'.

Comment

Scary driver
      Did she look ... like ... this?!?!?!?!?!?!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
        Did she look ... like ... this?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh Lordy, and here I was hoping to never have to see my ex-wife again.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
          Today early in the morning this elderly lady about 67years old backed her car into a house on Bernice Street next to the Bishop Museum. The owner of the house use to let her park her car into the garage whenever she came around the area. She went into the middle of the roadway and reversed her car into the garage, all the while she was trying to slow her decent by stepping on the breaks instead she stepped on the gas. Her car went into the garage up the drive way bending the fence up the stairs thru the living room and down into the family room hitting the washer machine which flew out the wall into the back yard. Her car was wedged beneath the upper part of the house. Thankfully the house was vacant and she wasn't hurt the other good thing is that no one was injured or KILLED. Spooky DRIVER
          Gosh, that is spooky. What's even more spookier, is me trying to learn to drive on the road without actually killing someone. lol.

I hate trying to learn here, where there are so many crazy drivers out there on the road, what's worse, they actually passed the driver's test !. Sheesh !.

I think I'll wait when we travel to Molokai again. I would like to learn how to drive there, because everyone there is so laid back, & no trafic lights, only one road coming in & going out.

It was so cool when were there last.

Aloha.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Growing up in Hawaii, I used to carpool to school with my friend's mom from CA. She would drive like a maniac and complain that people in Hawaii didn't know how to drive.

Now that I live here in CA, (where I learned to drive) I can see what she means. Except, we do all drive like maniacs here.

When I rented a car in Hawaii, I was so enjoying the scenery, that I just drove slowly.

Plus, in a minivan full of kids, it's hard to really get into the CA driver mode.

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan
              Growing up in Hawaii, I used to carpool to school with my friend's mom from CA. She would drive like a maniac and complain that people in Hawaii didn't know how to drive...Plus, in a minivan full of kids, it's hard to really get into the CA driver mode.
              Okay I'm taking this quote out of context but I had to bite: Carpooling from California while growing up in Hawaii...wow that's a long automobile drive! Especially with a minivan full of kids

But you want to talk about spooky...nah more like CRAZY!! I've said it before that the worst drivers come from the Big Island...when my wife moved the kids up to Keaau (I stayed back in Honolulu until she found a job which took just under a year) she was driving towards Hilo on the Pahoa Highway (Highway 130) when a car bumped her Astrovan from the rear. She was going 60-MPH at the time. At first she thought it was the engine bucking but then it happened again and again and again and...well you get the picture.

Behind her was this crazy elderly haole lady tapping our Astrovan as if telling us to move outta her way. Single lane and no passing zone there was no way this was gonna happen. With our then newborn in the car seat my wife chose not to slam on the brakes (I told her she should have since our rear cargo doorlock was not working properly anyway and a rearend would take care of that problem).

She instead called the cops on her cellphone all the while being bumped at 60mph. The cops told her to slow down and move into the shoulder. She said she did but the lady followed her into the shoulder and kept bumping her and had to move back into the active lane because of a jogger up ahead.

She stayed on the phone with the police until a cop pulled behind the elderly lady and pulled her aside. My wife pulled over as well.

Okay now the bizzare part...yep Part II! This elderly lady storms out of her car BUTT NAKED Not a pleasant sight. Obviously on drugs or didn't take her medication, the cops recognize her and haul her away...again.

This lady apparently was mentally not quite there and had a history of doing this but this time my wife said she was going to press charges and get this maniac off the streets. The traffic judge (at the hearing) told the lady that she was lucky my wife didn't beat the crap outta her but she had the sense to call the police. Yep my wife, part Hawaiian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, German, Irish born and raised in Wahiawa is no townie panty. She can hold her own that's why to her it's always, "Yes Dear"

The Hawaiian, Korean, Portuguese and German would have given her good lickin's but the Japanese side made her call the cops. The Irish side? Well mixed with the Hawaiian makes her one special woman in my life.

But yeah dis island has some unreal drivers. UNREAL BRADDAH!!
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hey, that was the lady who drove me to school. That was you in the van???

Comment

Hey, that was the lady who drove me to school. That was you in the van???

You mean that was you in the passenger seat getting all hotsy with her?
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Growing up in Hawaii, I used to carpool to school with my friend's mom from CA. She would drive like a maniac and complain that people in Hawaii didn't know how to drive.

Now that I live here in CA, (where I learned to drive) I can see what she means. Except, we do all drive like maniacs here.

When I rented a car in Hawaii, I was so enjoying the scenery, that I just drove slowly.

Plus, in a minivan full of kids, it's hard to really get into the CA driver mode.
                    Just popping in for a bit so I can catch up on HT while on vacay in W. Hollywood

I am thankful that I'm not an aggressive driver like the ones here. I've been here and in the desert for about a week now and I'm just thankful that I haven't been killed yet.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                    X